Chapter 2

From his days at elementary school until his high school graduation, Han Yang had never once met his parents. One night, fifteen years ago, he was abandoned in a small town before later being adopted by a kindhearted old man. The old man back then, took the small boy with him back to his village, claiming the child as his very own grandson and singlehandedly struggled to raise him until he was grown.

He, Han Yang, was not yet five years old when he was discarded. The cold days of the twelfth lunar month almost freezing him to death on that night.

A person who was there at the time said when Grandpa picked him up back then, he was frozen to the point where his entire body had changed its hue, huddled up in a corner, not even managing to produce a shiver. Afterwards, it took almost half of a year for the small boy to recuperate along with having to learn to speak once more. Sadly, the experience also left behind an aftereffect in this child, where if it was winter or if the weather was wet, both of his legs would begin to ache.

During elementary school, in his fifth year, Grandpa had told Han Yang about his past. He found out he was not his grandfather's biological grandson as well as him being adopted. So back then, when Han Yang saw the the other children around him having had parents who took care of them; he too had wondered what his own parents were like. But due to him being at such a young age at the time of his abandonment, he had already long forgotten their appearances.

When he grew older, Han Yang also thought about finding them. But when he truly "grew up", and later understood the meaning of his circumstances, he no longer had such an idea. Not wanting to destroy his calm and comfortable life, along with—more importantly, not wanting to leave that person who struggled to raise him, were his reasons. He was even called his Grampa's "Oldman".

[T/n: because he cares for his grandfather so well, like a dad, the call him grandpa's Oldman=dad]

What parents were supposed to be, Han Yang learned from a book. They were not like those two people who threw him away in a world of ice and snow.

Even without parents, he still received love from his Grandpa; love that was no less than that given to others.

In the College Entrance Examinations results, Han Yang's was ranked first amongst all candidates in his province. Of the many school he cast out olive branches to, he chose L-University due to them having the best conditions out of all his other choices.

His plan was simple: do well in exams, get into a good university, study his books well, then find a good job which would allow him to take his Grandpa and let him also live a better life.

After entering university, Han Yang majored Computer Science. Sophomore year, he slowly began writing programs to sell for those that needed them, or took some work from those wanting private websites. Along with making some money, he also gained a lot of experience from those jobs. And if such progress continued, he could later find a good job after he graduated quickly.

But, everything was thrown into chaos by those two people called his parents.

Before, Han Yang never thought he would meet the parents he had never met, in such a way. Now both those people who gave birth to him were before him, on their knees, shedding tears.

At the sight of their faces, Han Yang had no impression of them in his memories at the age of five. The two before him, did not tend to him for one when he was sick, did not care for him, did not pick him up from school, nor did they come to his side when he got into scuffles and fights with his classmates who teased him about not having them around.

They had practically left no trace whatsoever of themselves in his life. The first word he learned again was, Grandfather, not mother nor father.

Previously, Han Yang always thought that maybe his parents suffered some sort of hardship, resulting in him being abandoned. He also thought that maybe they would come back to find him, saying to him, "Son, we are your parents. From now on, we will take care of you."