Chapter 25

_________________

Upon hearing Mo Suya and the others will be coming over to celebrate the new year together, Han Yang's heart was so frazzled it wanted to jump right out his chest! He was even more nervous than he had been when he went to visit the Helian family for the first time. The only difference between these two occasions was that, this time around, excitement is what he felt more than anything else.

"Seriously?" Han Yang, not daring to believe this news, asked incessantly, "Aunty Su and the others are really coming here? You're not pulling my leg, right? What about Lao Yezi? Is he coming with them?"

"Of course he'll be coming with them," Helian Qing tsk-ed, reaching out to pinch the chattering man's cheek before adding, "Didn't I already mention that?" Didn't you want to celebrate New Year's together with everyone? Aren't you satisfied?"

"But, but..." Han Yang babbled incoherently, grabbing that spendthrift, named Helian Qing—tightly. "But here is so far away, and it's also so cold. How are they, how c—"

"How-how-how-how," Helian Qing interrupted him, saying coldly, "See that, I stuttered out the rest of that word for you, so for the love of God, can you please not say it again."

Right now, Han Yang ignored that sharp tongue of his, only feeling how his own brain had become a muddled mess while he gazed at Helian Qing with eyes full of yearning. Thus that man, who was unable to bear such a eager gaze directed towards him, conceded. "I told them that your grandfather already knew about us, and since the desire was there for both families to get together for a meal, they felt there couldn't be a better auspicious day to meet so they might as well do so during the celebration of the new lunar year. Both families will unite. Is all of it clear now?"

Han Yang nodded, then immediately shook his head right after. Obviously, he understood what was said, but he still nonetheless felt shocked! But without a doubt, what he felt the most was touched—as well as excited. Lao Yezi, along with the others, going as far as journeying to such a distant place to observe the the Spring Festival together with them was simply something he would not even dare think!

Seeing a stupefied look still sprawled all over the lad's face, Helian Qing gently stroked his hair as he said, "Don't go crying again, you crybaby."

"I won't," Han Yang rebuked, though the tone of his voice had a very tiny difference in how it sounded normally.

Reaching out to take the smaller man into his embrace, Helian Qing went on to say, "Lao Yezi said he was worried about letting Grandpa go over there on his own, he was worried your grandad wasn't accustomed. Plus, since he himself had been traveling all over since his youth, making the journey here wouldn't be, in any way, difficult for himself."

"But, this will be too taxing on Lao Yezi and your parents, on top of that, it's the dead of winter." Han Yang was still very sorry for the inconveniences they would face.

"Last winter, Lao Yezi went up Beiqi Mountain with some guys to see the snow, so if he were to climb the mountains here, you're the one who'd most likely be unable to catch up to him."

"..." Han Yang chose to remain silent. Truthfully, he really could not climb.

What the lad never expected though, was that Grandpa was also aware of Lao Yezi and the rest's arrival. From the beginning, Helian Qing had informed Grandpa a couple of days in advance, and the two of them simply kept it from Han Yang, and nothing more. Although the younger man was taken aback by them keeping him in the dark, he also felt that apart from this Qing Gége, who else would express such sneaky behavior.

That afternoon, Han Yang and Helian Qing made their way to the train station to pick up the three family members. When the lad saw the eldest man arrive, he could not help but to rush over and embrace the old man. Shocked by the youth's embrace, Lao Yezi looked over to Helian Qing who just shrugged in response, followed by a tear wiping action.