Chapter 6

When the two finally made it downstairs to the dining room, the dinner table had long been set. Lao Yezi was at his seat, while beside him sat a middle-aged man and a beautiful, dignified looking woman. Han Yang guessed they must have been HeLian Qing's parents.

Sure enough, without delay, he heard HeLian Qing call out to them, "Dad, Mom."

Han Yang followed along beside him, and just as it was before with Lao Yezi, there he went again with that feeling of awkward reservation.

"Oh, you came down? Come, sit over here." Mo Suya said, beckoning them, her gaze lingering on Han Yang's body. The look was in no way a malicious one though, she wore quite a pleased smile. Regardless of this, Han Yang still felt a wee bit awkward. It seemed he felt no matter what status he had as he appeared in that place, it would all come off as a joke.

HeLian Qing with Han Yang beside him, made their way over, simply for the task of mutual introductions.

The awkward boy went on to say, "Hello Uncle, hello Aunty. I am Han Yang."

"Have a seat." HeLian Cheng, motioned.

"Come on now, hurry up an sit. Stop standing around." Mo Suya instructed with a smile.

Both Han Yang and HeLian Qing took a seat just as Mo Suya spoke, "Han Yang, you don't have to be so nervous, since you and A-Qing will be married just think of us as your own family, alright." Even though she said those words, Han Yang just couldn't do so. He was only able to do his best to maintain a smile.

[T/n: A-Qing, is HeLian Qing. 'A' is prefix used in names of children, or people who are younger with those they're close too.]

The dinner was fairly peaceful. Unexpectedly, it was not just Lao Yezi who was very much unbothered about his grandson's marriage to a man. HeLian Cheng and Mo Suya were both also unconcerned about the matter, they were even asking about the wedding plans.

"So Xiao Yang, are you twenty yet? When are you two planning on registering the marriage?" Mo Suya probed. With same-sex marriages now being legal, the legal age for marriage was revised as well.

[T/n: the legal age for marriage in China is 20 for women and 22 for men.]

"He's already twenty, and I'm going to the Department of Civil Affairs next week." HeLian Qing stated.

Hearing what he said the chopsticks in Han Yang's hand froze, his lips drew together lightly, sealing themselves without a word.

"When's the wedding going to be? Do you have any ideas?" Mo Suya prodded, "Is there going to be a banquet, or are you two planning on traveling overseas to get married?"

"It doesn't matter to me, ask him." It was true, HeLian Qing really did not care about those things, it would all be left up to Han Yang's personal preferences.

This sentence of course prompted Mo Suya to turn her attention towards Han Yang, "So do you have any ideas Han Yang? You don't have to be so nervous, whatever suggestions you have you can just tell us."

"I......" he felt his throat become hoarse, "I will."

He would, because he lacks the power to not do so.

After he accepted, he was left in a bit of a daze, one which HeLian Qing also noticed. Not long after they had finished with their meal, he took Han Yang and left.

On their way back to HeLian Qing's apartment, Han Yang gradually relaxed. Even though that place also made him quite uncomfortable, compared to the HeLian's family home, it was much better. In that flat, he would only have to face that man, but there, he would have to come face-to-face with that man's entire family.