Chapter 16

"Tomorrow morning, at nine, you have a meeting with a newly founded company in the city. Following that, at three in the afternoon, you also have a face to face consultation with President Zong from the "Golden Age" online gaming company.

Inside the office, Xiao Chen went over the itinerary for the next day with Helian Qing, who nodded approvingly when he was done, "Go make the necessary preparations."

"I will." Xiao Chen nodded before he began to take his leave to prepare, however, Helian Qing suddenly called out to stop him, "Hold on."

"Is there something else you'd like to add, Boss?" Xiao Chen questioned.

"I just remembered that your sister is a doctor, isn't she?" Helian Qing asked.

"Ah, yes, she is. My family operates a Traditional Chinese Medicine practice." Xiao Chen replied.

Thinking it over for a while, Helian Qing then asked, "Can you do me favour, and help me ask your sister how to take care of someone who had a stomach bug. I'd also like to know, what are some of the things to pay attention to for someone who experiences joint pains during the winter."

"Is it about Lao Yezi? Do you want me to ask my sister to make some time, and pay Lao Yezi a visit?" Xiao Chen asked somewhat doubtfully. He had the details of Lao Yezi's health conditions memorised quite well, and to his knowledge, the older man did not suffer from such ailments.

"No, it's not him. It's your Boss' wife." Helian Qing stated.

Boss' wife.

Xiao Chen was left at a blank. Helian Qing, in response, added that it was the young man to whom he had delivered lunch to previously.

"I'll help you ask right away, then. Is there anything else you'd like me to ask about?" Xiao Chen took out his phone.

"No, just those two things... to find out what I should watch out for in his diet, and to......" Suddenly pausing, Helian Qing thought he might as well ask in detail for himself, "Nevermind that, I'll ask the questions myself, so just help me contact her."

"Yes, Boss." Xiao Chen immediately called his older sister, explaining the reason for his call before handing to phone over to Helian Qing.

Helian Qing described Han Yang's condition to the person on the other line for a while, then listened when the other gave their recommendations, fastidiously taking notes. He then, very carefully, explained a few of Han Yang's habits and favourite foods, to guarantee he received the best solutions.

Looking on from beside him, Xiao Chen exclaimed internally: Boss, don't be so meek!! This in no way resembles your usual aloof demeanor! Right now, you're practically a proper man of 'Twenty-four Pillars of Filial Piety' [1]! The difference is so huge, it's bordering on terrifying!

After thoroughly understanding the advice given during the consultation, Helian Qing gave back Xiao Chen his phone, picked up his own jacket then said, "I had your sister help me prepare some ingredients for medicinal cuisine. She told me she'd bring them back with her to your family's home tonight, so tommorow you'll pick them up and bring them over to me."

"No problem!" Xiao Chen nodded, as Boss elaborated on what the items were.

"Your bonus this month will be doubled." Helian Qing stated before leaving the office.

"! ! !" Xiao Chen's eyes shone in an instant, A doubled bonus! Oh my god! It's like I practically won the lottery!

Thank you, Mrs. Boss!! Xiao Chen chanted, straightened his back, and got himself back to work.