Chapter 9

It was not the first time Han Yang had ridden in HeLian Qing's car, but it his first time noticing the man's affinity towards sports cars. The car they were riding in drove extremely fast, so much so, that as he laid halfway down on the front passenger seat, he could not help but randomly think about being flung from his seat because of the swift speed they were going at.

However, it was obvious that random thought occurring was unlikely. Though their speed was quite fast, due to the good quality of the vehicle, he could barely feel any fluctuations as he laid down.

Han Yang never knew the hospital was so close to the apartment. He was not quite sure, but guessed it must have taken at least ten minutes before he was again lifted into HeLian Qing's embrace as they entered the building.

There, the doctor asked a few questions, did an examination, then said he was suffering from acute gastroenteritis and although it was not a very severe case of the illness, the pain would unfortunately be a lot to bear. The physician then proceeded to write a prescription for the medicine Han Yang needed, after which he prompted a nurse to start an IV for the lad. He then had HeLian Qing follow him to his office in order to fill out a medical record for the ill boy.
[T/n: IV - intravenous therapy]

"Does the patient have any allergies to medication?" The doctor asked.

"No." HeLian Qing answered.

"Are you sure you don't need to go ask him?" The doctor stopped writing, raising his gaze towards the man.

"There's no need." HeLian Qing stated, his expression remaining unchanged.

Taking the medical record with him when he left the doctor's office, his eyes swept over the chart as he snorted.
I know more about that kid than he himself knows.

HeLian Qing did not go directly to the pharmacy, but instead first went back to Han Yang's room to check up on him.

The lad was in the same curled position he had before with one hand clutching his stomach but now the other had a IV-line attached, while his face was still drenched in that same pallid hue.

HeLian Qing made his way over to him, from the small box atop the cabinet by the bedside, he took out a couple of tissues, then began wiping the perspiration that formed on the boy's forehead.

Feeling his movements, Han Yang's eyes soon opened.

"Does it feel a little better?" the man asked, using his finger to push aside the other's sweat soaked bangs, inwardly hoping he was able to feel even the smallest amount of relief.

Unfortunately, the medicine was given not that long ago so for the time being there was not that much of a difference, but Han Yang nevertheless nodded, "Thank you."

"En.[Yeah]" HeLian Qing sat down on the stool beside him. Han Yang still had two-thirds of the liquid in the IV bag left and given that, the man was in no hurry to go get the prescription filled, nor was he anxious to leave just yet.

Afterwards, Han Yang still tried to vomit two separate times, inside his stomach had become absolutely deserted to the point where even stomach acid would not come out. So now, every time he retched, he felt as if there were countless hands all squeezing his gut and that feeling was extremely difficult for him to endure.

HeLian Qing knew the boy was still suffering from the pain, sadly, he also knew there was nothing much he could do about it. He could only give him sips of water to drink, so even if he did vomit again, he could at the very least feel a just a tad better.

Fortunately, the attached IV also contained some painkillers and after a while Han Yang's pain was slowly alleviated, even if it was only by a small degree. Although his complexion still had that terribly pale tinge, his expression in contrast, became more gentle as his features relaxed.