eight

Celeste was studying for a Potions test in the library. There were many students of different ages in the library, but none of them seemed to swarm near her. It was almost like they were afraid of her, but it was truly the opposite. People weren't afraid of her, but they were too shy of how popular and beautiful she was.

"Is this seat taken?"

Celeste looked up from the last sentence on the page of her book. She was always annoyed when someone interrupted her in the middle of something important. Nonetheless, she plastered on a smile.

"Of course not," she replied. "Oh - it's just you, Namjoon."

He arched an eyebrow. "Oh? You sound disappointed."

Celeste chuckled, sliding in a bookmark to the page she left on. "Then you need to get your ears checked."

Namjoon hummed as he sat down. "Maybe we should use Engorgio on my ears. I'll be able to hear much better."

Celeste shook her head with a smile. "So what are you studying for, Namjoon?"

"Ah, Charms, of course. You?"

"Potions."

Namjoon nodded. "My best subject is Potions."

"And my best subject is Charms," she replied.

"Care to be study partners?" he curiously asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"It would be an honor. I can smell how nervous you are," she added with a laugh.

The librarian shushed her.

Namjoon shrugged. "It's not you making me nervous. It's the librarian," he whispered.

"She's a mystery, that one," Celeste said.