nine

[day after the Charms test]

"Celeste, another Outstanding for you!" Professor Flitwick said as he passed back her test.

Celeste smiled gratefully. Charms always came naturally to her.

"Taehyung, Poor. Keep it up, and you'll get a Troll."

Taehyung sighed, rubbing his face tiredly.

"I've a brilliant idea!" he suddenly exclaimed. "Celeste, you should tutor Taehyung!"

Celeste suddenly froze and dropped the book she was holding onto the desk. "Please repeat that, Professor. I'm afraid my hearing is a bit wonky these days."

"You should tutor Taehyung!" he shouted loudly. "Yes, yes," he whispered. "That's a brilliant idea. What a great idea, Flitwick," he told himself.

"Bloody hell, has everyone in this school gone mad?" Celeste muttered.

"I think that is brilliant, Professor!" Taehyung shouted. "Celeste can definitely help me raise those poor grades! This is why you're the smartest professor at this school."

Flitwick brushed him off. "Yes, yes, sucking up to me isn't going to help you in any way. Celeste, I do hope you can help Taehyung raise those grades up to an Acceptable."

Celeste nodded and saluted him. "Yes, Professor. I will not eat and rest until I know Taehyung can do simple spells."

"That's what I like to hear from my star pupil! Now, run along. Lunch is about to start."

Celeste and Taehyung left the room, side-by-side.

"There's no way you purposely failed that test in order to get me to tutor you, did you?" Celeste asked.

Taehyung shook his head. "But I should've thought of that, huh?"

Celeste shook her head in return. "If you did think of that, I would have thought you went insane."

"So you don't think I'm insane already?" he asked.

Celeste peered at his face. "Well, should I?"

Taehyung chuckled. "Dear, never ask me that question."