twenty-two

"What do you want?" Taehyung snapped, hearing the footsteps of his friends.

"To remind you that Namjoon is your friend," Yoongi replied.

"I wasn't going to hurt him," Taehyung said.

"We know," Jin spoke up, "but that doesn't mean you won't lash out and argue with him."

"He didn't tell me about asking her to the ball."

"He didn't necessarily need to," Jin said. "No offense, but everyone here thinks you're just using Celeste. Only we know that you drugged Yejin with a love potion, but everyone else thinks that once she gave you a chance, you discarded her because you liked the chase more."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "That's bullshit."

"Is it really?" Yoongi asked. "It seems to be particularly true. You've moved on from Yejin to Celeste. You've never gave Celeste the time of day until this year. You've been pegging for Yejin for two years, and you threw her away within two weeks. You have a reputation - not a very good one, might I add. Namjoon has a reputation too - a much better one."

"Much, much better," Jin added.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" Taehyung asked.

"Talk to him. Make sure he knows you like Celeste," Yoongi advised.

He scoffed. "I don't like Celeste."

Jin gave him a look. "Yeah, okay, we came all this way to tell you all that bullshit for that response? You clearly like her, so rip your head out of your ass and just do something right in your life for once."

"Merlin, you sound like my mother," Taehyung said.

"We might as well be your parents if you're going to continue to act like a child!" Jin exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air.

"Calm down, honey," Yoongi whispered.

"Well, I'm sorry if our son is acting like an idiot!"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, walking away from the fake couple.