6

JULIANNA

I groaned, letting my head fall back against the wall behind the couch. I was completely exhausted from the last few days. I stared at Luke, who showed me a small grin and plopped down next to me on the couch.

"I don't understand how in the world I'm going to be able to do all of this in a week." I said, staring in front of me, in to the distance. I was currently at Luke's place, he had a music room and he offered to help me prepare and sing the songs I was going to sing during the performances.

But it had been harder than I thought. Ends up, they don't just stand on a stage and sing their songs, feeling all relaxed. They work hard for an end product, sometimes they practice months on end. Sadly I didn't have the luxury called time to use.

"I've got to thank you though." I looked up, staring at Luke who was sitting right next to me, our shoulders slightly touching. "For helping me with the singing and everything. I mean you all helped me pick out the songs and stuff but your technique is so skilled." I said, thinking about all the previous times we've already practiced things.

"Of course, I feel kind of obligated to do so." He replied, giving me a smile. I smiled back and got up to grab some water. Then my phone went off and I looked up to see Luke grabbing it. I stared at him, a little surprised. "Sorry, I just saw it was Cal." He said, his cheeks turned a soft pink and I smiled, "it's fine."

I grabbed my phone and read the texts.

From Calum Hood: Are you guys done already.

From Calum Hood: U practice too much.

From Calum Hood: We're coming over.

From Calum Hood: Bringing pizza.

I giggled, he had slightly spammed me. "He's coming over and bringing pizza." I laughed.

To Calum Hood: THANK YOU LIFE SAVER.

"Pizza is exactly what I needed right now." I said, sitting back down on the couch and staring around the room. It was quite a pretty place. It could be used as a recording studio even. And all the awards they had won stood on a pretty display against one of the walls.

Luke cleared his throat and got up, tidying up the place. He put the guitars back on their stands and laid mine back on it's bag. Then he started sorting all the paper we had used. "You don't have to do that on your own." I said, getting up and helping him.

On the paper were scribbles of notes, programs and setlists. We were pretty sure which songs I was going to preform, only there was still a bit of a discussion regarding the setlist. I felt like doing it a certain way, but Luke and the others all had different ideas.

We kept on tidying and I zipped up my guitar bag and put it in the empty corner of the room, walking over to the doorframe. "Let's wait in my living room." Luke said, eyeing me, then following me to his own living room.

Not too long after, Calum and the other boys appeared with pizza and some Corona. I smiled, thanking them and telling them about the long day that Luke and I had. "Wait since when have you been here?" Michael asked, widening his eyes. "Ten." I said, staring at the clock, which now let me know it was seven.

The boys all looked at me with wide eyes, except Luke, he had his eyes closed with his head fallen back, probably just as tired as I had been. "Major respect for you guys, that must've been harsh." Ashton said, grabbing another slice of pizza out of the box.

It was quiet for a short while, until Calum cleared his throat. "What's the plan for the rest of the evening?" He asked, wiping his greasy pizza hands on a napkin. I took a deep breath and stared around the room. "I'll probably head home, take a shower and go to bed. I feel slightly dead inside." I said, grabbing a napkin as well and getting up to grab my guitar which was still in the music room.

When I walked back the boys were already talking about something else.

"Wait you're leaving right now?" Ashton asked, eyeing me and my guitar bag. I slightly raised my eyebrows in surprise and then shook my head. "No, I just didn't want to forget my guitar, since I probably will need a little longer than today." I laughed, sitting back down in between him and Luke and grabbing another slice of pizza.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay, hang out a little, watch a movie or something?" Michael asked, taking a sip from his Corona. I shook my head while swallowing a bite of the pizza. "I really am tired, if I stay, I'll just fall asleep five minutes in to the movie." I laughed once I was able to talk again.

The boys all started laughing as well. "That's okay, Luke does that all the time." Michael said playfully, poking Luke's side. "Not true." He said, glaring at Michael, who just stuck out his tongue.

"Well what movie would you guys watch then?" I asked, staring at them. "Probably something basic anyways." Calum said, getting up to collect the dirty napkins and walking over to Luke's kitchen to throw them away.

"I don't think I'm staying for the movie either, I'm pretty tired as well." He said, not sitting back down again, rather staying behind the couch. Ashton furrowed his eyebrows, looking at Calum. "And why are you tired, didn't you lay like besides the pool almost the entire day?" He asked, smirking at him.

I laughed, turning around to stare at Calum, who just glared back at Ashton. "A pool day can be intense too." He said jokingly. Must be pretty fun, being your best friends neighbour.

"I think I'm heading out too." I said, getting up as well. The other boys got up as well to say their goodbye's.

I gave Luke a hug, thanking him for his incredible help not only today but the past week. "It's okay." He smiled while letting go of me again. I hugged Michael and Ashton and then walked over to the door, where Calum was purposefully waiting for me. "Guess you'll walk me out." I smiled, waving one last time at the boys and then walking out of Luke's apartment.

"Wait you drove here right?" Calum asked while we walked over to the elevator. I nodded, pushing the button. "Yup, still lucky to have my own car." I said, smiling. We walked in to the elevator in silence, waiting until we were at the bottom floor.

"Are you coming to Michael's tomorrow?" Calum then asked, walking with me to my car. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What's at Michael's tomorrow?" I asked him, he raised his eyebrows.

"Oh he must have forgotten." He said taking a hand through his hair.

"He's throwing a small party, nothing big. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you'd come." Calum said, leaning against the side of my car. I smiled, nodding. "I'll think about it, I might be too tired to get out of my bed tomorrow." I laughed, opening my car door.

Calum smiled, "of course." He said, holding on to the door. "Drive safe, don't let the tiredness take you over." He said, smiling and closing my door once I got in to my car. I nodded, thanking him one last time and then starting my car.

Calum walked off to his own car and I drove off, back home.