18

JULIANNA

I smiled, scrolling through my Twitter feed. A bunch of fans had been trending #GetWellSoonJulia and it had completely warmed my heart. Obviously I was really sad that we had to cancel my performance but the fans all took it pretty well, leaving me kind messages, saying that my health is the most important thing.

Luckily I didn't get hate for canceling my performance, at least, I hadn't seen any.

I slipped on my jeans and walked out of the back room. I was still wearing my 5SOS3 hoodie, since it was the most comfortable thing I ever owned. I was greeted by Ashton and Michael who were sitting in the main area.

It had been two days since I had woken up with a fever and I was feeling much better. Sadly we had cancelled the last two shows, but I really wasn't up for it. Now I was hoping the boys would let me play again. I put my hand on my forehead, feeling it was not that hot anymore. 

"Please let me perform tonight." I whined, sitting down next to Ashton, who chuckled and put his arm around me, pulling me in to his side. "Let's check your temperature." He said, staring at Michael who was sitting next to the little paramedics case.

Ashton, Michael and I were almost completely okay. No harsh feelings. Ashton had really taken care of me these past two days, he even went to the extend of calling my mother for me. She had read the news and was worried about me, so he talked to her for fifteen minutes, telling her that I had a fever but it was nothing that I couldn't handle. He also reassured her that he was taking the best care of me.

Michael tried helping where he could, bringing me a new bottle of water every hour. After he had googled how to treat a fever and asking me if I had a heavy feeling in my chest because I might actually have a stroke, he found out that people should stay very hydrated. He got me drinking like four litres a day, which made me nuts.

I hadn't said a word to Calum. He hadn't really said a word to me either. We really didn't know how to act around each other. I mean, I still liked him, I still kind of had feelings for him, but I couldn't have them. I couldn't do that to the boys and to the band. 

Luke was the one that was mainly happy that we weren't dating. He occupied almost every second of Calum's day, taking him to play soccer or drive around the arena on their scooters. At first I thought he was doing it to get Calum away from me because he might have a broken heart as well, but now I was pretty sure that Luke was just very possessive over his best friend.

I put the thermometer in my mouth and sat there, against Ashton's side, waiting for the beep. I was pretty comfortable so I laid my head on his chest, still waiting. Ashton was starting to feel like my big brother, he was constantly taking care of me and making sure that I was alright. 

When the little beep sound came, he grabbed it out of my mouth to check. There was a smile appearing on his face, making me hopeful, "all better," he said. I got up, jumping up and down once or twice, happy that I didn't have a fever anymore.

"Does this mean I can perform tonight?" I asked, almost begging. I switched looks between Ashton and Michael who stared at each other and then both nodded. "Yes thank you!" I yelled again, giving Michael a hug and then giving Ashton a hug.

We were interrupted by the sound of laughter filling the bus. I was still slightly sitting on Ashton's lap from the hug that we were having. We all looked up to see Luke and Calum entering the tour bus. Calum's face froze when he saw me sitting on Ashton's lap. I quickly got off of it and sat down next to him, a few inches apart so we weren't touching. Was Calum maybe jealous.

"What's going on?" Luke then asked, staring at the three of us, we all had a smile on our face but mine faded once I saw Calum. "Julia isn't sick anymore, she can perform tonight." Michael said very happy. I nodded but couldn't place a smile on my own face.