5: A Hard Lunch

The couple fest was finished and everything was back to normal. But it wasn't quite yet. I still have a deal to win and I'll make sure he falls, hard.

I made my way towards Caitlin and Emma who were now leaning against their locker. When they acknowledged my presence, they greeted me with warm smiles.

"How's the deal?" Emma asks, smirking.

I shrug. "Not much has happened and for the past few days he hasn't made any move."

"Then you should make the first move."Caitlin playfully suggests.

"Maybe if I get the chance to get close to him."

"You know I'm enjoying this little game you guys are playing. The whole school doesn't know it yet but I bet when they do, its going to make things a lot wilder. You know how the school goes." Emma states looking around the hallway.

I wave her thought off. "How's your love life going? Any boys yet Caitlin?"

Caitlin was thrown off guard by my question and she looks nervous about something, unlike all the other expressions she wears everyday.

"Of course there's this certain someone, who's seeing a certain guy." Emma says in a matter-of-fact tone.

I laugh "I know right!"

A drop of sweat trickles down Caitlin's forehead as I continue to laugh and Emma joins in as well.

"Awww, come on Caitlin. Spill. Is it Louis?"

At the sound of Louis's name, Caitlin's gaze snaps towards me and nods her head without smiling.

"I knew it!" Emma jumps and fist pumps on the air.

"What's between you two? Has he asked you out?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.

"We didn't have a date yet but we hang out a lot." Caitlin answers sheepishly.

"Awww come on, is Caitlin love-sick?" I teased earning a slap on the arm coming from Caitlin.

"Let's just get to class." I hear Caitlin mumble under her breather.

It was good to know that Catlin would finally have the chance of settling down. She was always one to flirt with guys but not too much that she would sleep with them.

Emma was different. While Caitlin searched for boys, Emma had settled down and was focused on her studies. Me and Caitlin weren't the best in academics, we weren't losers either.

I entered history class and took a seat in the middle of the room. A few minutes later, students came piling in and I noticed Sean among them.

Usually Sean sits at the back of the class along with his friends but when he spotted me, he smirks and comes over my way.

"Mind if I sit here?" He asks while gesturing towards the empty chair on my left.

"Actually yes." I snapped.

He casually sits, ignoring my answer.

I continue to flip around the pages of our history book as I feel Sean lean closer to me.

"I see you're studying then."

I ignore him and continue to flip around the pages and settling on the greek mythology section.

Sean reads along with me and after a moment he speaks.

"You are as beautiful as Aphrodite." He whispers on my ear as his breath tingles along the skin on my neck.

I scoff. "That's not true. No one could ever amount to Aphrodite." I state while tilting my head to the side and looking at him.

"Oh yeah? It's true, in my opinion." He leans back and chuckles.

"Nobody cares about your opinion." I mumble.

Although my heart fluttered when Sean said those words but I knew better than to keep my guard down. He was only saying those things to make me fall for him.

And he's been doing great at it.

Ugh. I'm really having a hard time like this and the only way I could get back at him was to play along his game.

"Whatever you say." I replied as I put my hand on his arm, a gesture to show affection. Sean froze from the contact and I smirked.

So I do have an effect on him as well.

HIstory class ended awkwardly. After the stunt I pulled, Sean went back to his seat and never bothered me again. It's weird how a simple movement of mine would catch him off guard.

I never understood why Sean suddenly had his guard up. when I passed down the hall and I caught his eye, he would quickly divert his eyes.

I entered the lunch room and headed to my usual table with Caitlin and Emma.

Emma sat together with Logan, huddled together while Caitlin looked like the third-wheel.

I chuckled and sat beside Caitlin. "Third-wheel?"

"You bet. They just kissed in front of me." Caitlin made gagging noises and I laughed.

My laugh faltered as goosebumps erupted from my skin when I felt an arm slung over my shoulder.

Caitlin looked at someone behind me wide-eyed.

Sean casually sat beside me and his arm still on my shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" I asked cautiously, expecting another horrible act of his to occur.

Sean shrugged and glanced at me as he popped a fry in his mouth. "Sitting with my favorite girl at lunch."

He said it so casually that if it weren't for this deal we made it would've made my heart flutter.

"You're not welcome here."

"Well you're not the only one sitting here now is it?" Sean looked across Logan and Emma who were looking both at us awkwardly. "Do you guys mind if I sit here?"

Emma shook her head just as Logan did.

I scowled. They are so not helping. So much for bestfriends.

I glanced at Caitlin. "How about you?" I ask in a pleading tone.

Caitlin smirked. "I don't mind of course." She glanced at Sean.

I chose to just ignore all of them and quietly eat my food. That's when I felt Sean's hand over my shoulder move upward and caressed my collarbone.

I glanced at him and he acted like he didn't notice the death glare I shot him as he continued to eat his burger with one hand.

With the other hand that was resting on my lap, I placed it on top of Sean's thigh. I could feel him freeze as I moved my hand upwards, just resting over his pants. I smirked as I saw Sean almost gag over his orange juice.

I put a little more pressure just as I saw from the corner of my eye how Sean's Adam's apple moved as he swallowed hard. Playing along with me, Sean placed his hand over my back and his thumb brushed slow circles over my lower back.

I didn't feel much as his thumb brushed against my back. Caitlin looked oblivious to what we were doing as she played a new game she downloaded this morning on her phone.

Emma and Logan excused themselves and everyone can obviously see how smitten they looked. They probably would make out in the janitor's closet the whole lunch.

"Catching up?" I teased as I moved my hand. I laughed and Caitlin glanced at me from her phone quizzically. As I finished my pizza, I removed my hand and stood up. Leaving Sean frozen in his seat, at an uncomfortable position.