13: But What You Said I Didn't

I didn't do much that day. It was just one of those simple boring days at school where others lay there heads on their tables to sneak a nap during the boring subjects.

Particularly in my account is English. English, the definition of boring for me, I've always noticed how the lessons that are being taught always repeats itself and being my nerdy self, I'm the definition of best in English. Despite my lack of interest and my lack of listening during class, I still managed a perfect score in my exam.

I know I've mentioned how boring this subject is along with the teacher but today I just couldn't help myself, I slept. I actually slept and she didn't even notice! The hell of a teacher she is!

I crossed my arms and laid my head faced-forward down the table while I held on a pen on my right hand. I guess being seated at the back and a large chubby boy sitting in front of me has its perks. I swear she didn't notice and that's why I was almost skipping down the hallways full of energy from my 50 minute sleep. That is, I've been feeling good until I'm practically a few inches away from the front door leading outside the school that Lucy comes out of nowhere and stands directly across me her posture in a ready-to-fight position with a hard scowl on her face.

I sigh, here we go again with her Sean problems. I'm sure she's gonna let me pay for humiliating her a while ago in front of her friends but it wasn't my fault that her friends obviously don't like her like I do.

"Stay away from Sean." Those few words that came from her mouth hit me like a shock. I've imagined it before that she would say that directly to my face but I didn't expect it to be that... revealing, from her mouth. She says it with such intimidation that if it weren't for me being different from other bitches that I would've already followed her simple demand and shuffle away.

Too bad I'm not that kind of girl.

"No." I say simply looking directly in her eye.

"No?" She says incredulously that I didn't follow her. Well sorry queen bitch, I'm not one of you royal subjects that you can order around.

"No." I say again waiting patiently for her reaction.

"You can't just say no! You don't belong to him."

"Oh yeah, and you do?" I look her up and down and scoff.

"Of course I do. I mean look at you, you don't have these." She gestures over her figure. Well of course I know that I'm not her but did she really have to do that? Shove it down my face just because I'm not her? I'm not the one wearing the killer heels and winner dresses.

"You don't even look pretty and I feel sorry for Sean noticing you. He probably hadn't caught enough virgins yet so he wanted to score." Lucy smirks widely as I look at her impassively.

I didn't care that she wanted me to stay away from Sean but what striked me was how she thinks that she's so great. She makes me feel so weak and pathetic that I wanted to crawl away and hide myself away from everyone.

Just like what I felt before. And I don't want to feel it anymore.

I slapped her. Right on the side of her cheek. Hard as I could ever get. There it is, my piece of artwork. The red hand mark was imprinted right on her left cheek and I couldn't help but grin when I saw her shocked and angry face.

Maybe that would do here something. I walked away feeling proud and I left her just standing there all the while gaping at me like a fish out of the water. She deserved it.

But what she said, I didn't.

And I didn't feel proud at all. Slapping her was one thing but it still didn't make me feel good.