Chapter 21

'Knock Knock'

Jinyoung got off the bed and went to open the door.

It was his mom. Seeing his messy hair and wrinkled shirt, she glanced at the bed to see what he was doing.

"I was sleeping," said Jinyoung, knowing his mother too well.

"It's 10 am. Aren't you feeling well?" Her hands reached his forehead and guessed his temperature.

"I'm fine, mom."

His mother was reassured and retreated her hand.

"We'll be back home early this evening. And prepare yourself before we're back. There'll be a dinner with our guests tonight."

Jinyoung groaned inwardly. He didn't even want to come out of his room, much less for a dinner with strangers.

He should've said he was ill, Jinyoung thought.

"It'll start at about 6 pm. So be ready beforehand."

Jinyoung nodded, and his mother kissed him on the forehead before leaving him.

Today was Sunday, and he had been thinking of wallowing in self-pity under the duvets for the whole day. But apparently no such luck.

After a while, he heard his mother instructing the servants downstairs. The servants were present only when his parents were in Korea. When they were abroad, the servants didn't need to come.

Jinyoung closed the door, and lay on his bed again.

He was still getting used to these free weekends. Before, he hadn't even noticed how they were passed, because he would usually hang out with Mark.

'Stop at that.' He should cease thinking about Mark.

He was just lucky that his parents hadn't noticed his strange behaviours, given that they were always busy.

At 4 pm, he showered and cleaned himself. His parents barely invited other people for a dinner at home. A dinner at a restruant was always enough. So tonight dinner must be something special for them. It also meant Jinyoung would have to look presentable.

He chose a black shirt with gray stripes, rolled the sleeves up below the elbows, and wore simple black pants. After combing his hair neatly, the before Jinyoung appeared on the mirror.

Jinyoung must admit that this was his neatest look during these past two weeks. Nothing had come to his mind other than Mark.

Jinyoung cut his thoughts.

Without anything to do, Jinyoung went downstairs, knowing that his parents were going back home soon.

Their house was always a quiet place, if his parents were outside.

In the dining room, everything was prepared; the dishes were placed on the table impressively. Two servants were tending to them, and waiting for his parents.

Jinyoung took a close look at the dishes, which were eight in total, and noted that it would be a grand family meal.

Just at that moment, he heard his parents' car entering the yard and stopping at the small car park adjacent to the house.

"Everything ready? They're going to arrive after a while," said his mother, entering the dining room, with his father following behind.

After a quick check, three of them went back to the living room.

It was a quarter to six when their guests arrived.

The car was parked in front of the house only, and a man and a woman got out from the driver seat and passenger seat respectively.