Chapter 22

The moment Jinyoung entered the house with his parents again, after bidding Mark and his parents goodbye at the entrance, he realised that Mark had forgot to take back his coat from Jinyoung.

Actually they both had forgot about the coat.

That was no problem, Jinyoung could just go to Mark's class tomorrow morning to give it back if Mark was there, but if not, another time. It could wait.

Next morning, Jinyoung left early for the university. The thought of seeing Mark again accelerated his heartbeats.

'What would Mark say to him this time? Or would he even see Mark? What if Mark was not yet in the class?'

Those questions rotated in his head, as his legs led him to Mark's class.

The teacher might not be in yet. It was still a bit early.

The coat was in his hands and for a moment, he fantasied that it was Mark's presence.

When Mark arrived at his class, Jackson was already there, playing mobile game on his seat. Beside themselves, there was no one else in the classroom.

It was a good chance to state his matter.

Mark took the Chopard watch off his wrist and put it down on Jackson's desk.

Jackson turned his attention from his game, to the watch, and then to Mark.

"What is it? I mean, I know it is the watch I've given to you. But what're you doing?" asked Jackson.

"It means I don't want to be the winner anymore."

"Oh, now what's gotten into you? I thought the bet has already ended."

"Yes, but like you said, it's true time can't cure us, me and Jinyoung. There's only one way and I'm going to take it. I can't lose him, I know now."

"Wow, Mark, at last, you admit it. Okay, now thank me or the bet that brought you two closer."

"Maybe, and I know just giving you the watch back, doen't mean that is enough for my losing. I've promised to give you anything you want if I lose."

"Yes, and give me time to think of what I should want."

"I met Jinyoung yesterday. It was unexpected. But it was worth, I realised that bet or no bet, or anything else can't separate us."

"But at least it is your victory that you surely could melt a cold prince's heart."

Now Jinyoung realised everything. Everything was now flashed back. Why Mark had been persistent in approaching him when they first met. Why Mark had declared that he would never give up. Now everything made sense to Jinyoung, and he now realised that he had been used for a bet.

Jinyoung had not intended to eavesdrop their conversation; he had just come here to give the coat back to Mark. When he was by the room, hearing his name stopped him, and to top it all, it was from Mark's lips.

At first he couldn't get the picture of what they were trying to say. He heard the bet part that it had brought him and Mark closer. But Jackson's last sentence answered his confusion.

He was now informed that he was merely someone on whom two guys had made a bet.

Jinyoung gripped the coat in his hands more tightly, and before he knew, he was running away from that place.

Both Mark and Jackson were alarmed as the corridor resounded with the footsteps.

Mark turned his head and he caught a glimpse of Jinyoung from the window.

"Jinyoung!" exclaimed Mark.

"What? He was here?" asked Jackson, astounded.

"I must go." Mark, in a hurry, grabbed his bag and went outside to follow Jinyoung.

He was running fast after Jinyoung. He called the younger, his voice loudly heard in the campus.

Jinyoung didn't stop. But when he did, it was near the art buildings.

Some more steps and Mark caught Jinyoung's wrist.

Jinyoung turned around, and in his eyes, Mark could see the thing he was afraid the most - hatred.

"Jinyoung ah, please let me explain. You heard everything already, I know, but that was not all, I've really fallen in love with you. I don't mind accepting my loss for a bet, if it means not losing you," said Mark, with his hopeless eyes.

"Whatever you say, nothing will change. Remember that everything has ended between us since weeks ago, and there shouldn't have been a thing at all between us, If I knew about your stupid bet sooner," Jinyoung broke down in tears.

"You know, Mark, I trusted you, and this whole time, I was blaming myself for everything," Jinyoung's index finger tapped against the left side of Mark's chest, where his heart was, "You, did you think love is something you can just play?"

"I know it is not, Jinyoung, and I've realised it is not at all," Mark tried to hold Jinyoung's shoulders, "This is all my fault, I know, Jinyoung. I was a playboy and I had no idea how to value someone else's love. It's you. You changed me, Jinyoung ah. Can you give me one more chance? I'll try to mend everything I've done. Please, Jinyoung ah. Can you let me prove you that I deserve to be beside you?"

"Enough. Not everyone can have a second chance. And you are not included in my list for another chance. Leave."

Mark fell to his knees in front of Jinyoung.

"I'm sorry," the words left Mark's lips slowly, "And I love you."

"A good show but don't expect me to trust every word you said. Let's consider that this is the end of us. Goodbye, Mark," said Jinyoung, dropping the coat beside Mark, stepping backwards, turning around and leaving Mark on the spot.

Never had Mark cried before in his life but now his eyes were blurred by his own tears.

Everyone was watching him as they passed by. But he didn't budge from his position, watching his tears slowly dropping to the ground.