Chapter 24

At some moments, Mark stirred and then Jinyoung would tilt his head to see if the older was going to throw up. But Mark didn't. Thankfully, because they were still inside the car. It was heading to Mark's house.

Jinyoung's phone rang, showing the contact name 'mom'.

He answered it quickly.

"Jinyoung, where are you now? Are you outside? We've just arrived back home and the door's locked. You're not home? Where are you at this hour of night?"

His mother was worried, he could just guess right away from her voice.

"Mom, I'm at my friend's place. He's sick and needs someone. I'll be back in the afternoon tomorrow."

"Is that so? You should've called me beforehand. Your friend, is he okay now? Nothing too serious right? If you're alright then, you can stay there."

"Yes, I'm alright, mom."

"Okay then, goodnight."

"Night."

"Is it the place, young man?" The taxi driver asked Jinyoung, slowing down the speed as they were in front of a large house, the tuans' house, according to the address.

Jinyoung had never been to Mark's place; the address was sent by Jackson. However, by the look of the house, which resembled Jinyoung's, and with nice and neat decorations, Jinyoung guessed it must be the right place.

With Jinyoung's confirmation, the taxi driver halted the car in front of the house.

After paying the fee, Jinyoung had to take the man's help in taking Mark out of the car, and placing Mark's body on his back. Jinyoung couldn't just half-carried Mark like he had done when they came out of the bar. It was not only a few feet now. He would have to carry Mark the whole way to the house.

After thanking the taxi driver, Jinyoung went to the yard gate, wobbling a little, with Mark on his back. It was a kind of relief that Mark was not a heavy weight. Although he wouldn't have minded either, if Mark had been heavy.

Mark's hands were clung loosely around Jinyoung's neck and he was still in his drunken slumber.

But the gate was locked. Jinyoung had to grope for the keys in the pockets of Mark's jacket. Finding a set of keys inside the inner pocket, Jinyoung opened the gate with his one hand.

The house door was also locked, and Jinyoung had to try there keys from the set before he got the right one, and unlocked the door.

The utter darkness welcomed him. With the help of the faint street light outside, he tried his way to the sofas and set Mark down there. Jinyoung went to switch on the lights afterwards.

When he came back, Mark was mumbling, something incoherent. Mark was murmuring Jinyoung's name; that was the least Jinyoung could make out of it.

"Jinyoung- Jinyoung, pleas dun hate m'"

Jinyoung kneeled by Mark's side.

"Mark, are you okay? Do you want to throw up?"

Mark moved, still with his eyes closed, to his left side and made a loud burp.

"No, Mark, hang in just a moment."

Jinyoung rushed to where he assumed the kitchen was, and searched for something Mark would be able to vomit into. He grabbed a small plastic dustbin, with a plastic bag inside, which was empty, and scurried back to Mark.

As soon as Jinyoung lifted Mark upwards, the latter threw up to the dustbin, Jinyoung had placed under Mark's mouth.

After a lot were out, Mark was recovered a little, although his eyes were still closed, and Jinyoung put down Mark gently on the sofa.