~4~

The train slowed to a halt and the two males got off in a river of soldiers. Alex scanned the crowd of waiting lovers, husbands, wives, and families. There were people in tears from joy, and from great sorrow. When Alex spotted the person he needed, they were crying the latter.

"Vince!" Alex shouted. He grabbed Tommie's hand and lead him over to Vince.

"Alex! Oh my god I thought I lost you. And who is this?" VInce asked after he wrapped Alex in a bear hug.

"Oh, this is Tommie. He was in my squad, and didn't have a family, so he's coming home with us." Alex explained.

"But he's only 15. How old was he when he joined the army?" Vince hissed.

"13. And i can hear you talking about me, you know." Tommie replied nonchalantly. Vince glared at him before turning back to Alex.

"And why exactly did you take him into the army? THere is nothing special or impressive about him." Vince asked Alex, hoping that he will respond.

"I could demonstrate, but that would get me jailed and then killed." Tommie growled.

"You're magick. Just what I wanted in a child." Vince muttered.

"You're actually not dumb. That, I find impressive." Tommie shot back.

"You two are acting like toddlers! Can we please get home before you two start back up?" Alex interrupted, angry. Tommie hung his head, ashamed, while Vince rolled his eyes.

"Fine, we can head home. But I want some food first. I got here without eating anything after I heard that you were coming home today." VInce grumbled.

"You started that back up? VInce, please don't." Alex said gently before the three walked out of the station.

"Started what?" Tommie asked, confused.

"We'll explain when we get home." Vince replied, and slammed his car door shut.