~14~

Cal opened his eyes, panting. A burning sensation had bloomed in his chest as he slept, until he had tears in his eyes. Two fire words hung in the air, burning brighter every second.

"Someone shut him up already!" A male called out.

"Can someone get Tommie to calm down? I'm trying to sleep!" A female shouted.

Cal got out of bed, rubbing sleep from his eyes. Poking his head out into the hallway, Cal walked towards Tommie's room. He had seen a color that looked like Tommie's, praying that it was. Cal slowly opened the door, wincing at the flames in his chest.

"Tommie? Are you awake?" Cal questioned quietly. A panicked, sleep-filled cry answered him. "I'll take that as a no."

"Cal, help! Please....Cal...." Tommie whimpered. Cal sat down on Tommie's bed. He rested a hand on Tommie's shoulder, startling him from his rest.

"You okay?"

"Cal!" Tommie exclaimed, wrapping his arms around Cal.

"Are you sure that I'm your Cal?" Cal pushed Tommie away, staring at the sheets.

"T. I heard that he was killed. And you would know him. And I was taken in a forest. My parents' names are Alex and Vince. You would know that, right? Right?" Tommie pressed.

"And you had a bear with a blue ribbon. Your room was a dark blue, a midnight sky. The color of my door, your door. And in the tree house, we said that we loved each other, with the nerf fight right after." Cal responded, both boys growing excited. Tommie nodded. He flung his arms around Cal again, Cal hugging him back tightly.

"I missed you." Tommie whispered, tears streaming down his face. Cal messed with Tommie's hair, smiling through his tears.

"I missed you too." He whispered back.