~21~

"Tommie, please. Just come over here." Kat pleaded. Tommie shook his head from where he sat. His legs were dangling over the side of the building.

"Why? Nothing to live for now." Tommie sighed. He leaned his head back as if to look at them.

"You have your friends! Think about them for a minute." Kat exclaimed.

"You guys would be better off without me anyways. I mean come on, what have I done for you?" Tommie asked, looking back down.

"You've made me laugh, you've helped with the new recruits, you've made the training simulations harder and better. Don't give me that bullshit." Devyn growled. Tommie laughed.

"Three. Three minor excuses. And after hearing the person you love the most saying that you aren't worth it anymore, there isn't anything left in the world that could convince me that life is 'worth it, it's okay, it's fine, just pick yourself up.'" Tommie spat, venom laced his voice.

"Tommie, give me your hand. It is worth it." Kat whispered. Tommie stood up, and both felt a flame of hope. But as he turned around and put on foot off the edge, the flame started to flicker.

"Tommie, don't. Don't." Devyn said softly. Tommie gave Devyn one last sad smile. He took off his sweatshirt, handing it to Kat. He had scars all up his arms, some making marks on his shoulders.

"But I thought..."

"Cal didn't do these. And can you give that to him?" Tommie asked as he untied his shoes and left them next the railing of the edge.

"Tommie..." Devyn said in a warning voice.

"Good bye." And he fell.