~18~

Cal opened his eyes. He was laying on his side. The room was dark, but Cal could make out someone sitting next to the bed he was confined to. The person was playing with a ball of fire, making it into small shapes and people.

"Tommie?" Cal asked.

"Cal! You're awake." Tommie exclaimed. Cal laughed.

"You're talking." Cal joked. Tommie smiled.

"I love you Cal."

"I love you too Tommie."

"TOM-ah, never mind." Kat caught the sides of the doorway to stop herself. "I see that it is all well."

"Ha, joke."

"AHHHHHHHHH. Matthew, don't be such a prick!" Kat shouted.

"I'm offended." Matthew replied, stepping into the room.

"Don't be an idiot."

"I'm offended." Matthew repeated. "Hi, I'm Matthew. I'm a chaos mage. You are?"

"I'm a chaos mage! And it's Cal. This is Tommie." Cal waved his hand at Tommie.

"I'ma fire ma-"

"Ya whatever." Matthew pulled a chair up to the side of the bed and began talking to Cal.

"Okay...see ya Cal." Tommie smiled. No response made the smile disappear.

Kat stopped Tommie when he went into the hallway. She laid a hand on Tommie's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. Cal won't like Matthew that much, he isn't one for human contact." She reassured him.

"Okay."