~19~

Two weeks pass. Cal talked more and more with Matthew, hurting Tommie more and more. One day, he stopped outside the door to Cal's room. He was out of the Med ward and back into the regularity of life. He was working up the courage to talk to him when Kat appeared next to him.

"Where ya going, Tom?" She asked, leaning on the wall.

"I want to talk with Cal. But...I don't know how to do it." Tommie said softly.

"Matthew doesn't intimidate you, does he?" Kat straightened from the wall. Tommie shook his head.

"He's just always there when I want to talk to Cal. Always there." Tommie sighed. He opened the door a crack but stopped.

"Oh come on, he's a little clingy. Tom is always around you!" Matthew pressed.

"He's not clingy. He hasn't seen me in almost five years and I almost died." Cal replied.

"But come on, he's clingy." Matthew pressed.

"Yeah. He's clingy, can be kind of annoying, and is really overprotective. I can't stand it sometimes." Cal finally agreed.

"I'm not doing it. I can't now." Tommie whispered, and ran away.

"TOMMIE!" Kat screamed. Matthew appeared in front of her.

"Were you eavesdropping?" He accused. Kat shook her head.

"Tommie was, and he heard just enough of your BULLSHIT." Kat shouted, pushed Matthew, and flew off after Tommie.