~16~

Cal was the first one up, so he headed back to his room to get changed. He chooses somewhat tight jeans and a red flannel shirt. He made his hair presentable, stepping back out into the hallway. Tommie was waiting outside his door, wearing a midnight blue sweatshirt. It had a paint bucket spilling stars on the front. Gray sweatpants completed the look.

"Good morning Hood." Cal yawned. He followed after Tommie to the commons where all the food was.

"Hood? What kind of nickname is that?" Tommie asked jokingly.

"Huh? Oh, it's what I called you mentally because I didn't know who you were yesterday. It was kinda stupid, but it was the one thing I noticed." Cal explained sheepishly. Tommie laughed.

"I would have called someone that as well. I mean, you don't know their name, and the one thing you see is a head covering their face. You don't know who's under the hood. It's like a mask."

"That was...deep." Cal whispered as the doors to the commons swung open.

"Cal! I told you we would see you again!" Devyn smiled and slung an arm around Cal's shoulders. Aaren came up next to Tommie, who had an unamused look on his face.

"What's wrong Tommie?" Aaren asked, poking him in the shoulder.

"For 21 year-olds, you two act like 5 year-olds." Tommie muttered.

"19 isn't mature either." Devny retorted.

"Whatever. How did you guys meet?" Tommie asked, changing the topic. He hated social interactions with people. It made his anxiety kick into overdrive.

"Oh! Cal was trying to run away from your parents' house, and we caught him. We had a lively chat, but then T spotted us, and Cal ended up killing him." Devyn explained, waving his hands that sported the all familiar checkered gloves. Aaren's hands wore the same gloves as well, the black with green.

"Wait, how did you kill T? I thought it was one of our people." Tommie questioned.

"Ah, well, that's why he's here. Cal has chaos magick, he's able to harm people on will." Aaren said. As his sentence ended, the whole commons fell silent, everyone's attention on Cal. His face turned red and Cal sprinted out of the commons.

"Look what you two did! God, this is why I hate the human race." Tommie complained, running after Tommie. He left the two males in his wake, one looking hurt, the other looking pissed.