s e v e n o f h e a r t s

"What?" I said with a dumb tone.

Okay! I was expecting to get expelled but I wasn't expecting that Mr. Principal would get so straightforward. I wasn't even seated yet! 

"I said," He repeated, "You are expelled."

The world was so dark and bleak that its almost as if I'm the only person standing in the room. No Zackly, No Ms. Brzenska. It's like my eyes got a vignette filter. Closing out the brightness and joy.

He continued, "Your expulsion was because you violated a number of school rules and all those rules were serious."

I wanted to say,  But aren't rules all serious?  but I refrained from it because it'll make things worse. I gulped and nodded as if to understand. I do understand. I understand that this will be my final stand on this school and it seems like I'm likely to lose. Not good.

"Gambling in the school premises, causing chaos in the hallway, screaming. Those are some of the reasons for your expulsion." He narrated, "Small it may seem to you but it's quite intolerable for a person like you, a top student. A top student will never do that."

His words became muffled on my ears and I couldn't help but to stare at the lines that are deeply etched on his forehead. There were three of them and they look like unfinished pedestrian lanes. 

"Are you done yet?" I asked.

"Miss Ackerman!" Ms. Brzenska chided, "Do not get yourself into more trouble."

"Yes, ma'am." I said.

"You are dismissed." Said Mr. Zackly, "Both from this meeting and from this school."

"O-Okay..." I said in a small voice. 

I went out. My legs didn't feel like working. They felt tired. I just wanted to roll to the floor and rest. I don't care if the floor is dirty. I'm just so tired.

Oh, I know! My brain told me, A good gamble would take your stress away!

I considered this. 'Twas true. 

Take my stress away! My brain sang(It sang in the tune of 'Take My Breath Away') as I walked back to my classroom, ready to take out my things and never come back ever again. 

I slapped my face with both hands and took a deep breath. I'm expelled. I'm worst than screwed. Carla-san would chew my ears. Grisha would probably just sigh. Kenny and Levi would disown me. Eren wouldn't meet my eyes. Everything would shatter and the world will go on without me. 

For once, all my temporary happiness from gambling are all gone now. I just wanted to disappear. Like melt to wax and slide down to the sewers. 

The principal must be now sending a letter, text message, or whatever to notify my guardians about my expulsion. Thinking of it makes me...makes me feel sad...? Angry? Regretful? Maybe regretful. 

I went inside the classroom and heard whispers and gasps, occurring at different times. I walked to my desk and picked up my bag, strapping it to my back. Annie looked at me with her icy blue eyes, trying to understand the situation. Others were just staring at me. Eren turned to avoid my gaze. Armin took a sudden interest on his very short pencil. Sasha looked like she'd burst into tears any second. Connie was chewing on his ball pen cap nervously. Marco gulped as I looked at him. It actually seemed kind of depressing. 

"I'm expelled." I said and walked out as calm as I could.

I'm not going back again. Never. 

I ran my way to the parking lot and started my scooter when Annie caught up with me. She was panting and she bent, her palms resting on her kneecaps.