k i n g

The Red Queen was actually so friendly, it was weird we were opponents. I guess things would've turned out well if we knew each other in another way because you know, this match ends with me or her dead. But somehow, my brain kept telling me I knew her.

She beamed at me, melting my heart. She looked beautiful in her short, white dress. Her long hair swayed left and right as she walked around the room. Kind of weird that the Red Queen wore a white dress and Alice wore the red one. 

"So, Carissa." She said to me, "What would you like to play? Russian roulette?"

I fiddled with my scarf. "I don't know. Didn't see how's it played. Would you mind if I ask for a demonstration?"

She clasped her hands together and smiled again(Man, isn't her cheek bones gonna hurt?).

"Of course! I wouldn't mind." She replied as she gestured to one of her servants. "Come here, dear. Bring me the guns and the bullets too."

The servant looked nervous, sweating and nodding hesitantly. She scrambled away to who knows where. 

I studied the Queen. She looked normal to me. It was as if her lips were permanently etched into a smile. She wouldn't stop smiling. She was even smiling even if her servant is taking a few minutes before taking the blasted guns! The wait was making me edgy. I don't want to be idle. I want the match. I want it now

But I am definitely not playing Russian roulette. Too dangerous and too unpredictable. I guess I need squeeze myself out of this choice. I believe that The Red Queen doesn't settle to some mediocre(sorry but I think she's more brutal. Russian roulette is not the best thing she can do.) gamble. I strongly think so. Maybe she's planning something. Who knows?

She tapped her slender fingers on the surface of the table, beating a chaotic and unidentified rhythm. Her other hand served as support to her chin. She was blowing a couple of strands of her blonde hair away from her face. Her lips moved slowly like an inchworm every time she's blowing. 

She looks great.

Oh.

Wait.

Maybe she's trying to distract the enemy and that enemy is?

Me.

Just me.

Finally, the servant arrived. She was sweatier than she was before but she held guns and bullets in her hands. She bowed so lowly to the Queen, I could see her cleavage from my seat. 

"H-Here you go, Your Majesty." She stuttered and shook, probably afraid that she'll get smacked or whatever for taking so long. 

Red Queen took the things from her hands quickly and shooed her away. 

She bowed and proceeded to leave but she was stopped when the Red Queen remembered something.

"Dear, wait." The Red Queen stated. "I forgot I needed a demonstration for our guest."

Wait, is that servant going to be the demonstration? 

I bit my lip and dug my nails on my thighs. The Red Queen is very cruel but I'm not scared. It's actually getting me more hyped up! Someone with such danger, such power! It's finally a dream come true for me!

"Okay."The servant said, "Then I shall go and fetch someone-"

"No." Queen said. "You'll be the demonstration."

"Wha-What?"

"Yes. You heard me." She said in a sing-song voice as she picked up a wine glass from the table. She then tilted the glass, letting the wine spill over the bullets. The servant watched in horror as she saw the sweet drink of crimson spread throughout the bullets. The servant might as well thought that the crimson drowning the bullets was her own blood. The Red Queen picked one bullet and sucked on it. "This wine is sure tasty with bullets!"