k i n g + e i g h t

I knocked frantically in the front door, praying I won't be knocking on Eren again. I kept on huffing and I was grossed out by myself. I was sweating so hard, I feel hot and sticky because of it.

The door opened and there was Martha.

"What?" She said as she tilted her head. "You look like an inmate who escaped jail. Have you been to jail?"

"No." I said breathlessly. "Let me in or else I'll end up in jail."

She shrugged and let me in.

She closed the door after I was inside the house.

"The cops visited here yesterday." Martha stated, her voice was small. "They said you murdered someone."

I gulped.

So the cops went here? Oh, of course they would. I wonder how Annie and Martha handled it.

"Mikasa." Annie's voice echoed throughout the room. She was seated on her favorite chair as always. Her blue eyes were blazing in calm anger. I am so screwed. "Why? Why did you murder Hitch?" Her voice sounded a bit watery.

Martha shot me a murderous look.

I held my hands up in the air. "I can explain."

Annie regarded me with her striking blue eyes and it felt like she was shooting daggers at me. "Then explain now, dimwit!"

"Historia framed me." I said immediately. "That bitch framed me into killing Hitch but..." Shit, the tears are here again. "But...it's kind of my fault. I failed to protect Hitch." My voice shook and I broke into sobs and hiccups.

I am nothing but a broken thing that keeps destroying the perfect ones. I do not deserve to live. Somebody, end me. No, don't end me. Help me.

Annie's icy eyes softened. "Hitch..." She looked up to me. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." Her eyes was sad but I can see the anger she's hiding behind them. I'm pretty sure she'll be my partner for killing Historia. Hm, not bad.

Martha patted my shoulder. "I should get you new clothes since the ones you're wearing looks bad."

And then everything else went chaotic after that.

My eyes widened as I saw Martha roll down to the floor, coughing wildly, clutching her side as blood oozed slowly from it. Annie screamed for her but despite the strength of her voice, it was muffled on my ears. Annie ran past me and I stared at her back. Everything was slow and I stood there, motionless and stupid.

What's happening? Martha? Are you okay?

I looked at the door which was open and there stood Historia, still beaten and wounded but she held a gun in her hand and a victorious smile spread throughout her face. Beside her was Eren. When I saw Eren, I realized what was happening. Historia has shot Martha.

Behind Eren and Historia were dozens of cops. They're here for my arrest.

"Historia!" Annie screamed and started to hit Historia but the cops began to restrain her but Annie's quite strong so she began to thrash and throw some of them across the yard. "And Eren! How could you? I loved you truly and you betray me and give me this bullshit? How could you? Not to mention, is this your way of saying 'I quit our marriage Annie even if it's still not really official that were married'?" Annie ranted as she sparred with a buff police.

Eren just stood motionless and not speaking but his eyes...they weren't his. His eyes were too sad, it was an ocean of sadness. It seems like the Red Queen has robbed Eren of his life.

I ran to the targets to and began bashing their heads to. Annie did the same but then, she fell down.

"Annie!!!" I yelled. "No, shit! "

Historia giggled in the midst of the fray. "See, Mikasa? I rule and I will step on you." She was standing in the center of the chaos like a demon would do.

I clenched my fists in anger and swung my fist but Eren somehow caught it. "Eren, let me go." I said in a very firm voice.

Historia watched the scene, faking a face of shock.

"No." Eren said in a hollow voice.

I shook my fist away from his grip but he was holding it tight. "I don't want to hurt you!"

"Annie..." He stated in a dead voice.

I turned to Annie immediately and saw a small dart embedded on her neck. A tranquilizer dart. Thank God, she's not dead.

"Mi...kasa... "A weak voice said. "Take Annie and run..." It was Martha. "Run..." She said softly.

You'll be fine right? I wanted to ask her. I'm sure you will be...

I let go of Eren and ran beside Martha. "No, I am not abandoning you. "

No, don't abandon me. Don't leave this world. Stay with us...Stay with me and Annie!

The cops are starting to close in, trapping me and then I'll be stolen from the freedom I had taken for granted.

She held out her bloodied hand that held her bleeding wound on the side. "Just leave...please."

No.

Her tears fell down her face as she begged. This scene...is familiar...

It's this again. Again.

So familiar.

I turned away to Martha with teary eyes. I ran through the police and broke their limbs when some attacked me. I grabbed Annie and slung her over my shoulder as if she was a sack of rice. Adrenaline flowed through my veins, empowering me and driving me crazy.

I looked back, still running as I saw Martha stand and stagger. Historia said something to Eren and Eren pulled a knife from his coat and the wounded and dying Martha stared at it in fear.

"MARTHAAAA! NOOOO!" I screamed and wanted to run back to her but my legs kept running away from the scene.

Please, stop! Stop running you fool! Stop and save Martha! STOOOPPPPPP!!!

Eren plunged the knife deeply in Martha's heart and she screamed in anguish as blood trickled down her lips. Her eyes were still locked on mine though, giving me permission to run and take care of her beloved Master Annie.

"Go," She mouthed to me. "Leave and be free."

How can I be free?

I would love to be free but if the price for freedom are human lives...I'd rather not...I'd rather not...

If you know how to free me, please release me. Free me. Liberate me. Let me take Freedom as my groom.

Martha, no!

Why? Why? Why?!

I turned and kept running and immediately got into one police car. One unit was so stupid they forgot to lock their vehicle. I threw Annie to the back seat as I sped away from the happy place that turned into a living hell.

"Guest Mikasa..."

I gripped the wheel with tears falling down.

"Martha, no."

I missed the hug you gave me, the miss the dishes that you cooked for me and Annie, I miss you. Come back, please... Come back.

I beg of you.

I beg of you...!

I might just be an insert to you and Annie's family but you loved me unconditionally through your actions. I'm sorry if I took you for granted! I treated you the same way as Hitch. I neglected you both and got you both killed because of my sins.

Forgive me, Martha...Hitch...

No! Frown upon me and scorn me!

I miss you, Martha but I'm sure Annie misses you more since you two were together from the start.

Goodbye.

"Sayonara, Martha..."

It's a short chapter, I know but I couldn't write any further. I felt like crying ;-;and sorrynotsorry for killing Martha but...
ಥ_ಥಥ_ಥಥ_ಥ