Chapter 1

Merida found herself standing outside her house with her luggage packed with her clothes and stuff that she will take with her. She gripped the handle tightly as she sighed deeply. Recently, she finished her degree that her mother had forced her to take.

Now that she achieved her mother's goals, she finally realized that it might be enough to satisfy them. This time, she decided to not hold back and finally leave their house. She needs to start a new life away from them even though she never had the chance to graduate in the degree that she wanted. At least this time, she gets to choose. Surprisingly, her mother agreed with her decision to move out.

She gripped the handle tightly and gave her mother a hug. She also hugged her dad. His brother's were taking their entrance tests so they weren't around when Merida decided to finally leave the house.

"Are you sure about this, Merida?" Her mother, Elinor, asked. "You know you can work in our hospital."

"I'm sure about this, mom. We've been through this already." Merida said. "I need to be able to handle myself and not depend on you anymore."

"Alright." She nodded with a sigh. "But be sure to text me once you've found yourself a nice place, okay? Oh, why wouldn't you just live in the condo?"

Merida let out a tired sigh, emphasizing that she was sick of hearing the question over and over again. "Mom, I told you already that I want to be independent. I want to work and earn money for myself." She said as she fiddled with her shirt's hem. "You can't stop me."

"Then be sure to text or call us when you need us, okay?" Her father, Fergus, said while giving his daughter a hug.

"I promise." She said and kissed her parents goodbye.

Merida called a cab and said her goodbyes to her parents. As the cab drove away, she waved at them until they disappeared in the distance. She glanced at her watch and saw that it's only seven in the morning. It was early and she hadn't eaten yet. She realized she was hungry.

She leaned over to the driver and said, "Please take me to Mcdonald's." The driver nodded and took a turn to the left.

It was great that she had finally left the house. Her parents had been very strict about her leaving the house. Of course, Merida begged to leave even when she was just in college. Obviously, her begging did not amuse them but they did say that she can live on her own as long as she graduated. And now, she finally did it. She was overjoyed to let go of the life that had been holding her back. Her parents had been good business people. They were wealthy. Wealthy enough to be able to build a hospital and malls around the country. Though they were very rich, Merida trained herself to be humble even though she could be a little hard-headed sometimes.

When the cab stopped at McDonald's, she paid the driver before opening the car door. She walked inside, heading straight to the counter. There wasn't much on the menu and she wasn't really feeling picky so she went for waffles and coffee. The woman on the counter took her order and asked for Merida that she can find a table and that they will just serve her food . Merida walked over to a table near the window as she pulled her luggage behind her.

A few minutes passed and her food arrived. At first, Merida did not notice the person holding her tray because she was busy fiddling with her phone. It was until the lady holding it placed the tray on Merida's table with a gssp that made her look up.

"Merida!" The lady exclaimed. It was her high school friend, Rapunzel. Her long blonde hair was tied in a bun. She was wearing the uniform that the crew in Mcdonald's wear. She looks the same, bright and smiling. Rapunzel stared at Merida with delight, her green eyes shining.