Chapter 12

After Merida ate with Ryan, he insisted on dropping her off to her flat. She refused, but Ryan was very eager to meet her more.

"Alright, Ryan." She laughed. They walked down the road. Merida's hands were in her pockets. She listened to Ryan as he talked about himself.

When they reached Merida's door, she was about to wave him goodbye when her door opened. She got the instinct to punch whoever was in there in the face. But when she was about to land her fist on the person at her door, he ducked.

"A little faster and you'll be able to hit me." Hiccup said. He looked at Merida then to Ryan.

"Who are you?" Hiccup asked.

"I-I'm Ryan Macintosh, sir." Ryan said. "I work at you-"

"I know." Hiccup said. "I just want to know your name."

Ryan nodded and turned to Merida. "You didn't tell me you're Sir Haddock's girlfriend." He whispered.

Merida laughed. "Oh, no. I'm not his girlfriend. He's just usually here."

"I see. I'll be off then." He said. "Goodbye, Merida. See you at work."

He left without addressing Hiccup. Once he was far away, Merida turned to Hiccup. "What in the world are you doing inside my flat?" Merida asked.

Hiccup walked inside and Merida followed. She hung her coat on the rack and placed her scarf just beside it. When she turned to face Hiccup, he was standing close to her that she bumped on to him. She looked up to him with anger flicker in her eyes. Hiccup looked down at her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Merida asked again.

"I'm bored." Hiccup answered as he turned to sit on Merida's couch.

"Can't you just be bored someplace else?" She asked. She went over to her fridge and realised that she hadn't shopped for food yet.

Hiccup spoke, "Do you want to buy groceries? I can help you."

Merida turned to Hiccup. He just sat there looking innocent in his white shirt and messy hair. She frowned at him.

"Your treat?" Merida asked.

He thought for a moment. "If you'll be willing to cook me some I'll go pay the groceries."

"Deal." Merida said. She rushed over to her room and grabbed her red beret. She placed it over her head as she ran over to the coat rack. She took Hiccup's coat and tossed it over to him followed by his coat. He caught it and began to wear it. Merida did too. She tied her scarf comfortably around her neck before she grabbed her keys and opened the door.

Hiccup and Merida walked outside. The sun was already out so the streets were dark. The street lights were their only source of light. They walked side by side, but they dare not let out a word for each other.

Merida wanted to take the cab, but Hiccup looked like he was in for walking so Merida decided that burning a few calories won't hurt. Besides, the supermarket was only two long streets away. Merida sighed at the thought of walking to the supermarket. She doubt she could keep up. The streets were very long.

"Shouldn't we take the cab?" Merida asked, but Hiccup did not talk. Merida groaned. She continued walking.

After a hundred more walks, Merida's feet began to tire. She decided to stop Hiccup. She placed a hand in front of Hiccup to halt him. He instantly turned to Merida.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Hiccup said. "I was at my mind palace."

"Excuse me, where?" Merida asked.

"A place in my mind where I store datas and informations." He said.

"You're really weird." Merida said. "You know that, don't you?"

Hiccup looked at her before he continued walking. Merida followed him. "Weird? People call me weird." He said.

Merida rolled her eyes and muttered, "Whatever."

They continued walking even though her thighs were already screaming in pain. Hiccup was just walking casually. He fixed his scarf to cover her mouth to give him more warmth before putting his hands back inside his pockets.

Merida had never felt relief as much as she does when they arrived in the supermarket. Despite the cold weather, she was sweating. Hiccup walked inside and took a shopping cart. He looked at Merida and waited for her to grab the groceries.

As Merida took her groceries, Hiccup followed behind her. She tossed the goods on the cart before she would go over to another shelf and take whatever it was that she needed to calm her growling stomach.

"Hey, Hiccup." Merida said as she stared down at the fruits that she was holding. "Which do you prefer, bananas or apples? Or should I pick both?"

No one answered. She turned and saw her cart left alone. No Hiccup. Merida groaned. She placed both the fruits inside the cart and pushed it herself. When she turned to another corner, she saw Hiccup carry boxes of cereals in his arms.

"What are you going to do with five cereal boxes?" Merida asked.

"Experiment." Hiccup answered before dumping the boxes on Merida's cart.

Merida stared at him like he was crazy. When he realised he was serious, she rolled her eyes. "Whatever, genius." Merida said. "You're paying for it anyway."

Hiccup took the cart from Merida. They strolled around, looking if they have missed something. They passed every shelves, nothing to grab. It's getting boring and Merida was so eager to go home. She was about to tell Hiccup that they should pay already and go home when a scream pierced through the air.
———————-
Author's Note: Yo guys! I wanna ask you a question.

Do you think my chapters are long or just the right amount? Or short?

I had to publish this because I'll be away with my family for today until tomorrow lunch!

I hope you like this chapter!

kungfukick