*Calls 911 On Microwave*-- Chapter 4

Percy POV

There she was. The love of my life and my child lying unconscious on the bathroom floor.

I ran to her. I shook her, "Annabeth, wake up! Annabeth? ANNABETH!" I began panicking and crying.

I checked her pulse. It was still there. Thank the gods. "Where's my phone? Where is it?" I fumbled for my phone and with shaking hands, I called 911. Leo had done some fancy technology thing and made it so that demigods could use phones.

"911, what's your emergency?" the dispatcher asked. She had a thick Irish accent and was difficult to understand.

"It's my girlfriend. She's pregnant and she just attempted suicide."

"What's your address?"

"Sorry?" Again, her accent was very thick.

"Let me get someone else on the line."

"Hi. What's your address?"

"73 West Walnut Ave Apt 128," I answered.

"We'll send the police and an ambulance immediately."

"Can you stay on the line?" the new dispatcher asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, just keep talking to her. The nearest ambulance is about 2 miles away from your location."

We sat in silence. I sat there and cried and prayed that Hades wouldn't take her or the baby.

There was a knock at the door. I took a deep breath. "Come in, it's open," I said shakily. 

"Are they there?" the dispatcher asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Okay, goodbye." The dispatcher hung up.

Paramedics ran into the apartment and into the bathroom. They scooped her up from my arms and laid her on a stretcher. A police officer came in and began to ask me questions. He was a very big man and, even though I was a human spaghetti noodle, he and I barely fit in the small bathroom together.

"Did she have known depression?" 

"No," I replied.

"Has she shown suicidal behavior?" 

"No."

"What did the note say?"

"I never read the note."

Together, the police officer and I read the note.

Dear Percy,

Although I loved you and our baby, being disowned by both of your parents is something you never want to experience. I realize now that I could have talked to someone but, it's too late. I've already made the decision. I love you Seaweed Brain and I hope you can forgive me.

-Annabeth

The paper was stained with tears and the handwriting was shaky. "Well, let's go to the hospital and see her," the police officer suggested.

"Okay."

A/N  My friend and I made an account together, it's @TheSwimmingBooks we just wrote the first chapter to our divergent fanfic. Go check it out and drop a follow.

Adios amigos!