Bob-isita-- Chapter 6

Percy P.O.V

I couldn't believe it. Bob was the bad guy. My head was swarming. "Percy, do you know him?" my mom asked.

"Yeah," I responded.

"Who is he?" she asked.

"Funny story. He helped me and Annabeth-" my voice cracked when I said her name. "-find the Doors of Death."

"Interesting."

I felt very tired. I closed my eyes and leaned against my mom's shoulder, eventually falling asleep. I woke up to my mom shaking me. A woman in a white coat was standing in front of us. "Jackson?" she asked.

"That's us," my mom said.

"Is Annabeth alive?" I asked.

"Actually-" the doctor started to say, but I cut her off. 

"Annabeth's dead isn't she."

"Well, we lost her," the doctor said.

A single tear ran down my cheek. Annabeth's dead. I couldn't believe it. My wise girl. Dead. Athen did this. The rage bubbled up inside me.

"She's not lost as in dead," the doctor continued. "We just lost her. Like she disappeared into thin air kinda lost. Or kidnapped lost."

I felt embarrassed that I'd jump to these conclusions. I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks. "Did Bob the Titan have something to do with this?"  I wondered.

"How do you lose someone like that? What kind of a hospital is this" Mom asked the doctor.

"We don't know. She was in the bed hooked up to the machines and a nurse was going to give her a shot and the nurse turned around to get the shot and when she turned around again, Ms. Chase was gone."

"Was there anybody else in the room?" I asked.

"Just the nurse. But a janitor was in the hallway. I'll leave you two," she said.

"Wait," I said.

The doctor turned around and looked at me. "Did you call the cops?" I asked.

"Yes, we did. Now I'll leave unless you have questions."

"I have another question," I said. "Was she at least stable? As in she won't die in the hands of Bob- I mean this person because of her suicide attempt."

"She was stable, but in a coma. She would have woken up within a week or so. Any more questions?"

"No, thanks," my mom said.

She waited until the doctor was out of earshot. "It was the janitor on TV Percy."

"Yeah, Mom I know."

Why would Bob do that? He helped us. He saved us. Unless someone was making him do it.