Pessimism, I Don't Know Her-- Chapter 9

At 9:30 I left my apartment. I walked the 2 blocks to the bus terminal. Which only took around 5 minutes. So I had 25 minutes to kill. 

I chose to list baby names I liked in my head and decide on my number one name for a boy and for a girl. Why? Because I'm an optimistic person and decided to think that Annabeth and our baby were still alive. 

After some deep thinking, I settled on Benjamin for a boy, Benji as his nickname, and Ophelia for a girl, Lia as her nickname.

The terminal began to fill. The bus eventually arrived and I got on. I was very wary of monsters. I had run into enough for right now. I had actually run into enough for a lifetime.

New York buses are, well, interesting. For one, the guy sitting across from me was clipping his toenails. The woman next to me was talking very loudly about her cheating husband on her phone. It was a glorious sight.

For some reason, I was longing to hear Annabeth's voice. I don't know why this had never occurred to me, but I called her. I knew it would go straight to voicemail. "Hey, it's Annabeth. Sorry, I can't come to the phone right now. I'm probably redesigning Olympus or fighting a monster." I heard a loud bang, "Percy, stop karate kicking the shelves." Beep

Then the robot lady said, "At the tone please record your-" I hung up.

A single tear rolled down my cheek thinking about Annabeth. What if I never see her again? I'd die. Annabeth was my light. I would. I had to be optimistic, or things wouldn't end well.

Who was this lady? Why did she take Annabeth? Why did she take everyone I care about? What does Bob have anything to do with this? 

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the bus driving saying, "Everyone get off the bus! We're at the Empire State Building."

Everyone stood up at once. I eventually got off the bus and walked into the Empire State Building. When I finally made it to the building, I was greeted by the three men in suits. "Umm hi, nice to see you," I said.

"Come with us, Percy Jackson," the one on the far right said.

He grabbed my shoulder and led me to the elevator.