Epilogue-- Part 1

Annabeth POV

I woke up to extreme pain in my lower abdomen. My pajama pants were all wet. I looked at the clock. 3:21 am. It was so early. Couldn't she wait until later to come out? I guess not. I got out of bed and walked over to the other side to wake Percy up. "What do you need Annabeth?" he asked.

"Oh you know, nothing. My water just broke and I'm having contractions, but I can drive myself to the hospital."

"Oh my gods, Annabeth we have to get going!" He sprang out of bed and grabbed my shoes and his shoes. He put on a shirt, grabbed the hospital bag and called out, "Let's go."

I was still standing in the middle of the bedroom, trying to get my shoes on. "I can't, my shoes aren't on."

He walked into the bedroom. I was seated on the bed trying to bed over to put my shoes on.

Naturally, I was struggling I little. I mean, my stomach is big, and I’m in pain. How do you expect me to tie my shoes?

Percy saw me struggling and came over to assist.

We walked down the hallway, and got into the elevator. Percy pressed the buttons. That was the rule. If I pressed them, he got upset. I got into the passengers side of the car and we drove to the hospital.

Five painful minutes later, we arrived.

We entered and he ran up to the desk. “My girlfriend is about to have a baby!”

I put my head in my hands and shook my head, kinda laughing, but kinda not. You know?

A nurse got me into a wheelchair, and another handed Percy paperwork. Percy gave me a worried glance, and it was in that moment that I remembered we were both dyslexic. Percy turned to the nurse who handed the clipboard to him and said something. At this point, I was being wheeled into another room. They hooked up all sorts of fun things to me, and got me situated in the bed.

Percy came in moments later, paperwork finished, and sat down in a chair next to my bed. The doctor came in to check how dilated I was. He laughed nervously. “Are you ready?” he asked me.

“Yeah, I guess,” I said.

“Okay then. Guess what time it is? It’s time to have a baby.”

He put on latex goves and the nurse came in to help me.

10 minutes later
The doctor scooped up the baby and handed it to me. “It’s a girl,” he said.

As parents do, Percy and I were both crying. The baby wailed as I snugged her closer to me. Then a nurse took her away from me, and cleaned her up, and did all those nurse/baby things.

I looked over at Percy and smiled. He was grinning from ear to ear. “What do we call her?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I kinda like the name Riley, or Camden.”

“I like Riley, it sounds like a swimmer name.”

“Whatever you say Percy.”

“Her middle name could be Brooke, like water.”

“I like that.”

The nurse came back over, holding Riley and handed her to Percy, so he could hold her. “Do you have a name picked out?”

“Yeah,” I said. “Riley Brooke.” 

A/N: After, I think, three years of writing, I've finished. I'm honestly so proud of myself, and really happy with how it turned out. Please vote and comment, and even share with your friends. It's encouragement to keep me writing. Thanks for reading the whole thing!