CHAPTER 11

Vicky clutched the timetable and locker keys to her chest  as she hurriedly walked up to her first class---Maths.

Why would anyone be so cruel as to start their day off with geometry was anyone's guess, but that is what Levi had chosen so Vicky was onboard with it as well.

She paused at the entrance to her classroom. A tall, thin mustached man was drawing complex shapes on the blackboard.

"Can anyone tell me the area of this polygon?" he asked turning to face the classroom.

Most of the students were not paying attention, some were staring out the window, a few were tracing doodles at the edges of their copies and Levi---Levi, sitting in the left most seat at the end of the classroom was actually studying.

"Five hundred." Levi said suddenly, his deep voice filling the void. Vicky felt her heart flutter slightly as locks of unruly dark hair fell over his face. He was wearing a pair of thin rimmed glasses, that covered his darker eyes. Vicky knew he was a jerk, knew he was insensitive and selfish and...knew that she was not, yet, over him.

"Mr. Speckovsky?" interrupted a girl up on the front row. "There's someone at the door."

The mustached man looked at Vicky and gave her a welcoming smile. "Hello. Come on in and introduce yourself. You are new here right?"

Vicky nodded, her legs taking her mechanically into the classroom. Full of students...and boys.

Her knees were shaking suddenly and her hands felt clammy. She was breaking out into a cold sweat, was she going to faint? Calm down Vicky, calm down, you can do this. You Can Do This.

"Hi." she said and took a deep breath. "My name is Victoria Fannington. You can call me Vicky."

She did it. She didn't stutter. She didn't stammer...she---

"Hey, aren't you that chef chick's daughter?" called out a shaggy haired guy from the back.

"Which chef chick?" asked a guy in the middle row. "The cute one? Or the hot one? Cause this one if both." he added with a disgusting wink. Vicky was overwhelmed with the directness of it all.

"Yeah that's right." said the girl up in front whirling back to scrutinize Vicky. "What the hell is she doing here?"

"Well--well I -I -I" started Vicky, her insecurities catching up to her.

"There's an empty seat over here." came a familiar rich, deep voice. Vicky's eyes daretd up to meet his bespectacled gaze. "Mr. Speckovsky, the answer to the problem on the board is five hundred."

"That is correct." said the mustached man, clearly snapping out of his reverie. Vicky was sure he watched 'Baking Hacks with Paula' too. "Go on Vicky, take the seat behind Mr. Walters."

Vicky nodded gratefully, hurriedly walking up to the table behind Levi.

"Thank you." she said as she sat down on the chair, relief evident in her eased breathing.

Levi gave her a slight nod, but didn't turn back to look at her.

Vicky was not good at geometry, or arithmetic, or algebra or any math to be accurate, but looking at Levi's muscled back sheathed beneath his thin grey T-shirt, his curly tufts of hair just within her reach and listening to his deep, deep voice when he wasn't fighting with her was worth it.

"So Vicky can you answer this for me?" asked the teacher when she was in the middle of a particularly whimsical daydream.

"Um," she stared at the blackboard to see what looked like cuboid on top of a sphere, surrounded by a cube. There were numbers written all around it, none of which made any sense to Vicky.