CHAPTER 46

The twins were very unhappy with the situation playing out in front of them at the airport. The adults were being very unhelpful by supporting the unfortunate development. In fact, they were now at the luggage counter, helping Levi, Vicky and Ted's bags get weighed and tagged.

The twins, though only allowed to come because they asked puppy-eyed for a chance to say goodbye, were now on a full fledged mission to stop Vicky and Levi from going on a romantic holiday.

"You can't just go abroad alone!" protested Gary as they stood in line with them. "That's like a honeymoon or something! It might even be child abuse!"

"Yes! You need to be supervised." reasoned Jason. "By someone responsible, and not Uncle Ted."

They looked sideways to see Ted eating airport candy floss getting sticky sugar all over his mustache. He looked blissfully oblivious to everything else. In fact, if Levi and Vicky chose to run off to Paris on a wrong plane, Ted probably wouldn't notice.

"It's not abuse Gary." explained Levi. "It's freedom. It's everything most teenagers dream of. Wait till you're thirteen and want to rebel, you'll understand."

"Uncle Axky must be getting old if he agreed to this." said Jason rubbing his temples. "Fine. Gary, it looks like we cannot stop this abomination."

"Yeah." said Gary. "I wish Mom were here to say something. Dad is useless when it comes to enforcing rules."

The twin's billionaire father Jack Dixon was talking excitedly to Axky about how their new airline now had rotating beds. Getting tickets on such short notice had been easy for Axky because Jack owned Dixon Airways.

"I'm not sure I want to ride on that plane from Dix-on Airlines." Levi had commented when he first heard. "There would probably be a lot of dicks on board."

"Look Levi," said Gary in his most menacing pubescent voice. "You are not allowed to do gross things to Vicky."

"Um, sure guys." agreed Levi. Kissing Vicky was definitely not gross.

Gary looked satisfied, but Jason was not. "Vicky, you are also not allowed to do gross stuff with Levi." he said. "So no having sex on the plane."

Vicky almost choked on her saliva and Levi started to laugh very loudly. "Thanks for the idea kid." he said cheekily. "Hadn't thought of that."

With that he took Vicky's hand to walk closer to the security check leaving Gary and Jason to yell after them.

"We're telling Mom!"

***

About half an hour later, it was finally time to say goodbye. Ted, Levi and Vicky were standing on the other side of the gate as Levi's mother, Axky, Paula, Jack and the twins bid them goodbye.

"Oh honey, I'll miss you." said Paula as she planted a kiss on Vicky's forehead.

Levi's mother hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek. "Good luck." she said.

"I bumped Ted up to business class." said Jack happily handing them the freshly stamped passes. "But I couldn't do the same for Vicky and Levi because the plane was full already. Hope that's fine."

Levi looked shamefully delighted at the prospect of being left alone and Vicky blushed a deep red.

"I also asked the air host and hostess to make sure you don't do anything stupid." he added quickly. "So, yeah...have a good vacation."

"Thanks Mr. Dixon." said Levi doing a little dance inside his head.

"You would thank him." muttered Gary as Jason shrugged. "Bye Vicky and Uncle Ted we'll miss you!"

"And Levi too, just a little bit." added Jason with a smirk.

Levi rolled his eyes at the little love he got. "Thanks kids, I appreciate it."

Axky rubbed the back of his neck, as though trying to think of words to say. "Take care." he said finally. "There's no pressure, you are only trying. We'll love you no less if things don't work out. Stay close to Ted and call us for help anytime. Okay?"

"Sure thing Dad." said Vicky giving him a hug. "Don't worry. Everything will work out fine."

"See you Axky old boy." said Ted when she released him. He had washed his face after the candy floss incident, but hadn't been able to get the fruity flavour off. He sort of smelled like a scented eraser at this point. As a result, Axky resorted to a fist bump and a pat on the shoulder. No point hugging him only to start smelling like candy.

As for Levi, he found himself pulled in for a quick hug.

"Take care of Vicky for me." Axky said quietly so only Levi could hear.

"With my life." he said in response.

***

"Look at all these pamphlets!" said Vicky excitedly once they were seated on the plane. She picked out a magazine that read The Spanish Adventure.

Ted had done a little jig when he got his business class seat next to a very beautiful businesswoman and run off leaving Levi and Vicky to their own devices. He left them very clear instructions in his own words, "I'm going to get drunk and have the time of my life. Do not call me unless you are dying."

"Oh Levi, there's so much we can do here!" she said happily.

"Yeah." said Levi reading a list of potential tourist spot visits. "We can finish our Spanish project as well."

"I forgot about that." admitted Vicky. "But there's nothing better than immersing yourself in a culture to learn more about it, right?"

Levi looked at Vicky and thought of how much his thoughts were dedicated solely to her and nodded. "Total immersion works, yeah."

He really wanted to kiss her but was afraid the air hostess was under orders from Jack Dixon to kick them out if he did. He was going to wait till after the plane took off. Surely, they wouldn't send him down the garbage chute.

A/N:

WE GET TO SPAIN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. WOOHOO!

Have any of you ever been?

Can you speak Spanish?