CHAPTER 28

"Mr. Walters agreed to meet him in his office at Walt Games." said Ashley Bollet yawning over a cup of tea. "So Axky came over to see him."

Paula and Vicky nodded. They had seen him leave home that evening. Paula half wished Axky hadn't taken up the job at Walt Games. Now that she thought about it her sixth sense had been yelling danger for months now. She cursed herself for ignoring the feeling, though at that time she assumed it was because she suspected Vicky was secretly sleeping around and doing drugs...but then that was untrue.

Right?

Damn it Paula. One problem at a time.

"Axky was here before time, around 8:45. Mr. Walters was waiting for him anyway so he went straight in." continued Ashley. "I showed him in and left. I didn't see him for at least another hour. I recall being very hungry when he came out. I'd say it was past ten by then."

"Past ten?" repeated Vicky her eyes wide. Levi had broken up with her around that time. At 10:26 pm to be precise. Why did he end it? How could he end it? But then again Vicky's sixth senses had been screaming warning signs to her for a few days now. But she thought she was being paranoid over nothing and attributed it to her lack of dating experience. In hindsight, Levi had been acting distant and was avoiding her. Hell the coward had even broken up with her on a Friday night over the phone.

Damn it Vicky. Stop worrying about that selfish idiot. Dad said he was a prat anyway. You honestly should have listened to him.

"Mr. Walters left with him. He had a plane to catch early this morning so I assumed Axky went home and Mr .Walters went to his hotel. I didn't get any further instructions or a dismissal from Mr. Walters so I left for the day. Honestly they didn't even look at me. I felt kind of stupid for waiting around for them when i just could have gone home." finished Ashley.

"That's it?" demanded Paula bringing her face close to poor sleepy Ashley's. "Didn't Mr. Walters even call before he left the country?"

"Um no." said Ashley looking frightened by Paula for a minute. Her sleepy lids opened and she widened her eyes to take in Paula's complete face. "Oh my God! Paula Fannington is in my hotel room! I can't believe this! I thought you looked familiar. Why are you married to that weirdo? I heard you cooked for the Queen last year. What is she like? I find your recipe for Christmas lunch to be the best personally, though my husband thinks your Thanksgiving dinner special is way better. Forget that! Oh my God! Can I take a picture with you, I'll put it up on Instagram and ----"

Paula groaned. Of all times to be a celebrity.

"Hey Ms. Bollet?" asked Vicky a frown gracing her soft features. "Can you tell me if they were in a hurry? I mean my dad and Mr. Walters? Did it seem as though they were rushing to do something?"

"Rushing?" repeated Ashley, deep in thought. "Now that you mention it, Axky was kind of racing out the doors. But I thought it was because Mr. Walters terrified him. He tends to do that sometimes."

 "No he most likely was rushing off to do something. No one terrifies my husband." clarified Paula. "What are you thinking Vicky?"

"I smell a rat." said Vicky. She gave her mother a meaningful look before adding. "Mom, I think we are done here. Could we leave now please? I'd like to check some stuff."

Paula nodded. "Thank you Ms. Bollet. if you recieve any communication from Mr. Walters please ask him about my husband. Kindly let me know if you get any information. Here's my card."

***

Jack parked the motorbike beside the police station at three thirty am and sighed. They had all been looking everywhere for over two hours and hadn't found a trace of him. So Axky had just lodged a missing person complaint at the station.