CHAPTER 17

She stopped speaking, nervously looking at Levi from across the couch.

His skin was flushed, black hair clouding his eyes. She couldn't see his expression and it terrified her. Maybe Levi didn't feel that way about her. Maybe telling him had been a mistake. Maybe she should have just narrated the story and not told him about her feelings towards him.

Maybe if he rejected  her right now, she could go hide under a rock for the rest of her life.

Or go back to her old girl's school.

Yes, that was a good idea.

"Look Levi," she started. "I understand if I was too forthcoming and this is too sudden, we can just---forget I said anything okay?"

Levi turned to face her, his eyes latching on to hers in an instant.

"Forget?" he said huskily as he stood up. He walked over to Vicky's side of the couch and bent down to whisper in her ear, "I never want to forget anything about you."

VIcky's heart raced at a pace she could not keep up with, and blood rushed to her skin, causing her to blush uncontrollably.

He suddenly dropped to one knee in front of her legs, taking her hands within his own.

"You lovely, lovely girl." he said drawing his forehead close to her own, as she bent down to meet him halfway.

What was he saying? The butterflies in her tummy weren't letting her think clearly.

"Levi?" she asked gingerly. "What do you mean?"

"I can't believe you found me after all these years." he said with a laugh so genuine, Vicky wanted nothing more than to share it with a kiss.

Wait what?

"I thought you would have forgotten about me." he said giving her hands a light squeeze. "I didn't think you'd want to know someone like me."

"You saved my life." she said cupping his face with one hand. His skin was soft but the sides slightly rough after shaving. She wondered how that would feel against her skin.

Vicky stop being a pervert.

"Did I really?" he asked with another one of those adorable chuckles. "You were even on the afternoon news that day, the police would have found you."

"No not just that. I was depressed, upset with life and so very lonely when you met me." she said. "I'd never spoken to anyone my age before. Those kids were so mean, I wasn't ready to handle all those snide remarks. And then you showed up and you believed in me. Even though you didn't even know my name."

"Would you have helped me if I was in your place?" he asked, playing with a strand of hair framing Vicky's face,

"Of course." she said without missing a beat. "Levi you went to the police station in your boxers for me. I'd do anything for you."

"Anything?" he asked raising his eyebrows, making Vicky blush. He came even closer, and for a moment Vicky thought they were going to kiss...finally some respite from all that pent up sexual tension...

"How did you find me?" he asked, his breath hot over her skin.

Way to kill the mood.

Vicky tensed up at that, groaning and flinching away from Levi's touch. Shit, he wanted to know how she had found him.

Oh I found you after stalking you online for 6 years, then tracked you down at a party, transferred to your school and matched my entire timetable with yours.