Chapter 15

It's almost midnight but Chaeyoung is still awake, lying on her bed while looking through her room's ceiling. Her phone is just beside her still hoping for Jungkook to text her.

Is 'are you fine?' or 'what happened?' really hard to type? She knows that she's not special to him but their friends at least, right?

Her body is weak and her heart is broken.

Is she really making a fool out of herself?

She thought as she tried to sleep and close her eyes. But still can't. She didn't notice that sun is already rising and now peeking through her curtains. Her eyes was close the whole time but she can't sleep.

But when the heat of the sun hit her fave she weakly get up her bed and prepared herself for University.

--

Chaeyoung was eating quietly at the University Cafeteria when suddenly, a hand land on her forehead.

She stiffened in her seat as she recognize who he is. Even he's still in her back, she can already smell his manly perfume that always drowns her into him even more.

"Are you sick? You seem fine to me now."

Her eyes followed Jungkook as he sat in front of her. He placed a paper bag into table and empty its contents. He open the two lunch boxes and set it beside her plate. He then opened the small thermo and poured a soup into it's cover.

"Mom is really worried about you. She told me to send this home food for you to eat."

Mrs. Jeon has such a good heart.

"I'm better now. Please thank your Mom for me." she managed to give him a weak smile.

"I will."

Chaeyoung look at him a little surprised that he didn't argue with her.

"Thank you." she said with a smile.

"Just to make it clear. Mom is worried about you. Not me, okay? I don't want you to get the wrong idea." Jungkook told Chaeyoung without looking at her. He was just side glancing her see her reaction.

"I know. Don't worry." Chaeyoung manage say even in the verge of tearing up.

"I met Lisa yesterday." Jungkook carelessly inform her unknown for the fact that she already know. She felt her heart clenched.

Chaeyoung nod her head as a response hoping for him to drop the topic.

"Did you hear me?" Jungkook asks searching for her face for she was looking too down in her food while eating. "I met Lisa yesterday."

"Okay and I can hear you."

"Okay? Is that it?"

Chaeyoung slowly look up to Jungkook. She was speechless. It seems like her tongue got tangled.

What reaction did he want from her? Did he wanted to hear a congratulation? Did he want her to jump in joy?

"I said I met Lisa yesterday."

She don't know if he was just teasing her or if he was really genuinely happy about him meeting her great love that he told her this repeatedly.

"Good for you." Chaeyoung give another response and give him a weak smile.

"Yeah, good for you."

Chaeyoung scrunched her nose and her eyebrows meet in confusion. She didn't heard what he said.

"So, are you back together now?" She mentally slap herself for asking a question she knows she will just be hurt of the answer.

Jungkook just shrugged his shoulders  and give Chaeyoung a half smile.

"What am I sure now is, I'm in love."

--

Chaeyoung is now in the library. She's not there to read books but to have a quiet atmosphere. She wanted to think and distress a little.

She managed to borrow a book and open it but didn't read even a sentence. She ducks her head in the table as soon as she open the book. She close her eyes and try to get some nap. Good thing she choose the farthest corner where she can't be easily seen by the librarian.

But still can't get the rest she wanted. There are a lot of things that was on her mind right now and she can't get them out of her head.

Maybe Jungkook and Lisa are back together now but she should be thankful that Jungkook is still talking to her.  That means that he's considering her as a friend. And that should be fine with her. It's better than nothing. And if he's happy now and maybe she should just be happy for him.

Chaeyoung was startled when her phone suddenly buzz.

It's Jungkook.

Are you not coming with me?

She checks the time in her wrist watch and realize that it's already time to go home. She smiled before giving him a reply.

I'm coming. Please wait for me.

It's better than nothing. Might as well enjoy the days that Jungkook is still talking to her. Before Lisa completely takes him back.

--

"Please Jungkook, let's go together. It'll be fun." Chaeyoung shakes Jungkook's shoulder as she convince him to come with her at Taehyung's party.

It's another day and just few days away from the party they were invited on.

Chaeyoung is back at it again. The positive and full of energy Chaeyoung is back and ready to annoy Jungkook again.

"No." Jungkook answers without hesitations.

"Taehyung is a good guy! Aren't you friends? You're taking the same course!" Chaeyoung tried to convince him more.

"I don't have time to be friendly. And I have something better to do."

"Like what? Like playing games in your room all day?"

"No. Like meeting Lisa."

Chaeyoung suddenly drops her hold on Jungkook and felt that her heart is being squeezed. She laughed forcefully that turns out very awkward. She laughed loudly that slowly fading as it stops.

"I'll go by myself then."

Jungkook didn't notice how his words affect Chaeyoung so much.

"Enjoy!" Jungkook taps her shoulder before leaving her with an aching heart.