Chapter 17

The loud booming of the music seems to die down into Chaeyoung's and Jungkook's ears as they both stare at ech other.

It's like evrything around them disappears and they're the only ones left in their own world.

Chaeyoung slowly put both her hands up to cup Jungkook's face as he stand up from his seat and he move closer to her. She heaved a heavy sigh as she examine every part of his face.

Jungkook stared at the beautiful girl in front of him that is now too focused on memorizing every detail of him.

Chaeyoung gently massage his face using her thumb. She was biting her lower lip as she was trying all her best not to cry.

Her chest went up and down as she prevent herself from crying. Jungkook gave her a sweet bunny smile and tuck some lose strands of her hair to the back of her ears. He was so amused on how she looks so serious examining him.

"Why?" she asked him with a cracked voice and full of sadness and pain with some little hiccups. "Is it that hard for you to love me?" she stared into his eyes and he stared into hers.

His heart broke hearing Chaeyoung like this. All she do is to show how much she likes him but here he is being a jerk and not even appreciating her efforts. She came into his life uninvited. He was trying to move on and she was just came and bring all the pain back. He was mad at her for making him remember a past he badly want to forget. But-- she also made him fall in love again. She made him happy again without him realizing that it's her. It's her bringing him joy now.

Jungkook shake his head as he hold on Chaeyoung's hand that is cupping his face. His other hand is wiping her tears away.

"It's not hard to love you Chaeng." he told her as he remove some lose strands of hair from her face. "It's just hard to accept it to myself."

He hold on one of Chaeyoung's hand and gently kiss the back of it.

"Sorry it took me too long to realize how you mean to me." Jungkook cups Chaeyoung's face with his hands. He moved closer to her until their forehead touched and their nose almost touching. Chaeyoung close her eyes as she feel Jungkook's warmth. She can feel his hot breath for they are too close.

Jungkook just look at her while she's pouring her heart out. Her eyes is still close but he still gave her a bunny smile. He wipe her tears with his thumb.

"So, Chaeyoung," he called her attention and she slowly open her eyes to see Jungkook already staring at her, forehead still touching. "If I accept you now, will you promise to stay?" he asked her as he bit his lower lip to prevent him from smiling so widely.

This is it. He can feel the fast beating of his heart as he anticipate her answer. She always make his heart flutter now it's his time to do so.

It was him who should be taking care of her and not the other qay around. This time, he will exert all his efforts to show her how much he loves her and how thankful he is to her for choosing a broken man like him.

She should have chosen someone better. Someone without a past lingering on him. Someone not pushing her away. Someone who will make efforts for her. Someone that will treat her better. But she still chose him. She waited for him to heal and here he is now complete again because of her.

He was looking at her both his eyebrows raised as he wait for her to answer .

But it seems that he didn't expect what happened next.

His smile vanished and his heart sank.

Chaeyoung's eyes turns even sadder as he move away from Jungkook. She extend her hand to reach Jungkook's face and hold on it. "I'm sorry."