Chapter 24

It's already getting dark since the sun already sets. Jungkook is now already out of Chaeyoung's sight. She then gave one last look into the beauty in front of her.

Will she able to comeback to this place?

This has been one of the places she wanted to be in. She have seen a lot movies and read a lot of stories showing how romantic a moment like this can be. She always wanted to experience it.

Yes, she already experienced it today but it could have been better. If only Jungkook likes her back.

But it's better this way. She don't think she can forgive herself knowing she'll leave Jungkook broken again. All she wanted to do is to make him love her. She wanted to be a part of his life. She wanted to fix him not thinking that she can't fix a broken one when she's not even a whole herself. She can't fix a thing with something that will just broke it even more in the end.

She turns to other side where Jungkook go. When she turn, she saw Taehyung wearing a boxy smile and already waving at her.

She texted him and ask a favor to fetch her there. Another time with Jungkook will just give her tortures especially now that she decided to leave.

If she stay with him a little longer, she's not sure what she can do. She might chose to stay. But staying now doesn't guarantee that she'll not leave. And she might leave for good if she do. If that makes sense.

"Thank you Tae. And sorry for the bother."

"It's no problem Chaeyoung. You can always count on me."

That makes her heart happy. Tho they just recently met, he's always been good to her.

Taehyung noticed that Chaeyoung has been staring at him so he looked at her. He furrowed his brows and looked at her suspiciously. "Do realize now how good looking I am compared to Jeon?" Then he playfully looked at her in a seductive way and gave poses as if he's in a photoshoot.

"That's never gonna happen." Chaeyoung straight forwardly answered trying all her might to gave him a poker face. But she can't help it. She burst out laughing when she saw his reaction.

"You sounds like Jeon now huh? See? He's a bad influence! You should stay away from him!" Taehyung try to convince her.

"But I've always been like this?" she teased.

"Oh? So that's why you like him?" Taehyung acting like he was so shooked.

"I'm just joking, Tae. I'm not rude you know. And I will never be."

"Well then that's good to hear."

Chaeyoung's lips curve into a smile. Doing all this crazy things for Jungkook is not bad at all, huh? She met a lot of good people too.

Taehyung opened the car's door for Chaeyoung and bowed at her like she is a princess and that just made her smile even brighter.

--

"You're dropping University?" Taehyung gasped at the news. He accompanied her to the registrars office to get some documents she needed.

"I thought I already told you I'm leaving?"

"Um, yeah? But I didn't think it'll be this early. Why so sudden?"

Chaeyoung chuckled. "Believe me it's not sudden."

Taehyung and Chaeyoung is walking side by side on their way outside the University when they bumped into Jungkook in the corridors.

Jungkook just observed Chaeyoung as she walk closer to him. Closer and closer but seems that as she walks closer, she just become farther and farther away from him.

His eyes are only set on Chaeyoung and completely ignored Taehyung who is standing beside her when he blocked her way.

Chaeyoung gave Taehyung a little smile and signaled him to go first. Taehyung just nod his head  and tap her shoulders before passing through Jungkook.

Chaeyoung stared at Jungkook as she waited for him to say something. She heaved a deep sigh after waiting for a good minute. "If you don't have anything to say. I'll get going." she then bowed at him.

She's not ready to face him now. She's already readying herself being away from him. And talking to him or just being with him this close is not a good idea.

Chaeyoung already walk passed but Jungkook hold on her wrist to stop her.

"Jieun and I are not really together." Jungkook said his head down.

Chaeyoung stop for a moment then she gave him a laugh. A laugh not out of happiness but pain.

No. Not again.

"I see." her voice cracked and she wipe away her tears using the back of her other hand. "After all this time. You still wanted to get rid of me." She look at Jungkook at her side them smile at him. "I can't blame you tho. I can be annoying sometimes. I mean everytime." soft bitter chuckles escaped her lips again.

But Jungkook remained silent.

"It's okay. I understand. I'm used to it ac---."

"No you don't understand!"

Chaeyoung widened her eyes at Jungkook's outburst. He was holding both her shoulders and shaking her.

"I was scared. I'm so scared Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung doesn't seem to understand and just looked at him.

"I asked you. That one time and told me you can't stay. Tell me, how am I supposed to feel about that?"

"That night, on Taehyung's party?"

Jungkook didn't answer but the look in his eyes already gave it.

"So that really happenned, huh?" she speak her thoughts. She look at Jungkook with the same lonely eyes he have.

"I was drunk, Jungkook. But you choose to believe in that one night. That one night. When I am weak and will not able to defend myself. With that one night, you already forgot all the times I'm with you."

"Why?" Jungkook asked as he steps forward to her. "If I ask you now, will you answer differently?"

Chaeyoung was taken a back by the sudden question.

"I'm asking you now Chaeyoung. Will you stay with me?"

She's already weak but she felt herself got weaker when he asked her. Droplets of tears falls down one by one.

"Jungkook." she whispered his name. She was taken a back and didn't get the time to react. She made a step forward into him but he just take one step back.

"Chaeyoung!" he called her with emphasis. "See? You still can't."

And with that, Jungkook walk away feeling broken as ever. Chaeyoung was left there trying to digest everything. He wanted her to stay. He's asking her to stay. He loves her now, right? If he asked this before she would have answered right away. But now, after realizing everything. She must not. She just now realize how she had broke someone even more.

--
it's really nearing the end huh?

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY Y'LL! 🤪💕💖💋