Chapter 21

Important Note: LOL

Again, as I said in my previous notes, I did not and will not be doing fact check. If anything seems to be impossible or not right, please just let it be. lmao. Or if you don't want a lazy author like me, it's up to you if you will still continue or not. Sorry and Thank you 😭😊

--

Masked.

Is the perfect word to describe Chaeyoung. She is masked as happy, lively and healthy person she always wanted to be. She's always hiding her feelings. She always wanted to pretend like everything is alright.

That's how positive her personality is. And how good her heart is. She doesn't want to become a burden to others. She wanted to keep all the pain for herself.

--

It's not so long ago when the doctor told her to start the treatment and do an operation before it's too late. But she didn't listen and still do whatever she wanted to do.

It's that day when Jungkook found her crying in her classroom. The doctor told her to start the treatment overseas where facilities are better and where there is a higher chance for her to live.

But she don't want to. When Jungkook came to her, with a hint of concern in his eyes, she can't just leave him like that. She can't just leave without achieving her goals. That time all she wanted is to be loved by Jungkook who she loves so much.

She should atleast let herself happy before she dies.

Brain tumor.

Sure the tumor is not cancerous, not yet, but it's a tumor that needs an operation. She has a chance to survive if she takes one. But not hundred percent. Not even 80 nor 70. It's a fifty fifty chance to survive. And she can't risk taking one. Because there are only two results of the operation. Either your life will be extended or you will die immediately. She don't want that.

She wanted to use all her remaining time in the world to be happy. And that is being with Jungkook. The man who makes her heart happy. Doesn't make sense when she fall in love with someone she barely knew before or someone who always hurt her with every words he said. It is indeed a mistery to her how can she fall deeper to a person who only knows how to hurt her.

--

Mrs. Park haven't eaten since Chaeyoung was brought to the hospital. She can't take in anything except for water and a some handful of fruits prepared by Jisoo.

Even Jisoo lose her apetite. But she still needs to eat. She needs to take care of Chaeyoung and her Aunt. She have to be strong for them.

Jisoo saw Chaeyoung with eyes slowly fluttering open. She startled Mrs. Park when she shouted. Mrs. Park is sleeping beside her daughter, holding into her hands. She woke up immediately and look at her daughter.

She squeezed her hand slightly and she could feel slight movement in it. She heaved a deep sigh of relief and her eyes started to water.

My baby.

Jisoo rushed to push the button beside the hospital bed to call the doctor. And just seconds passed, a doctor came into the room and examine Chaeyoung.

Mrs. Park told the doctor to explain her everything outside the room. Jisoo nodded at Mrs. Park when she signaled her too look out for Chaeyoung.

"Chaeyoung." Jisoo sofly whispered her name and gave her a smile.

Chaeyoung smiled back at her. She was still weak and still laying in her bed. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine now." she assured her when she saw the tears that's threatening to fall in Jisoo's eyes.

"What do you mean fine? Am I too tiring to accompany?"

Chaeyoung chuckle weakly. "How long am I sleep?" she asked like she was used to this kind of situation.

"Almost three days." Jisoo answered her and turned back so fast when she felt a tear escaped her eyes. She pretend to arrange the fruits in the little table inside the room. She wipe them up before looking at Chaeyoung again.

"Can you help me sitdown?" Jisoo nodded and help her right away.

Jisoo sat infront of Chaeyoung and hold her hands.

--

"You're right, unnie. I shouldn't make him fall for me." she suddenly spoke. "I wouldn't forgive myself if I will live him broken again."

Jisoo didn't say anything. She just stares at her with a sad smile on her face.

"Just this semester, Unnie. Just give me this semester then I'll come with you."

"Why do you still need to end the semester?
Let's leave as soon as possible okay?" Jisoo encourage Chaeyoung as she pat her head and brush off the hair that's covering her face.

"If my time has come, It'll come."

"Chaeyoung!" Jisoo's eyes widen. How can she talk about things like that like it's nothing?

"Just give me this last semester please. And after this I'll come with you. That's a promise."

Jisoo eyed her unconvinced. "You can drag me if needed."

For one last time, I just wanted to be with him.

--

Jungkook have been avoiding Chaeyoung since that night at Taehyung's Party. But it's been a week since he haven't seen her.

Yes, he's avoiding her but wanted to see her at the same time. He can't understand himself either.

And she haven't even texted him atleast. When he's the one missing, absent or anything, he will always inform her. He didn't know why but he just found himself informing Chaeyoung about his whereabouts. Maybe he become used to it because she's always asking. But why can't she do the same thing?

Right! He's avoiding her! But she's Park Chaeyoung. And the Park Chaeyoung he knows is hard headed and will always do whatever she wanted.

He's mad but still miss her at the same time.

But he still can't get off of his mind what happened at the Party. He wanted answers and explanation but he was too coward to ask. He was not ready to be hurt like he was not already hurting now.

Jungkook gets back to his senses when his phone vibrates. He slowly flip his phone up hoping to see Chaeyoung's name in it.

But it's not her.

1 message received
JIEUN NOONA

--

Merry Christmas guyseu! This was supposed to be posted yesterday but I forgot 😅 Sorry ✌ And sorry again for it was too short and I don't even remember when I last updated.

Btw, Rosekook is on top of my Rosé ship right now. I always keep coming back to them. Uwu 😂😍