Chapter 28

"These flowers are too long overdue. I know it came a little too late. But please, just let me give you all the flowers I wasn't able to give you before."

Jungkook.

He's the only person that cross her mind when she read the card. Was it him? This can't be.

There's no way she wanted him to know about this whole situation. She can't let him suffer with her. It scares her thinking how this will just hurt him and herself evenmore. This is not good.

It's not from him right?

Her head was lowered when Jisoo entered the room. She was holding the dear card in her hand tightly.

"Unnie." she weakly called Jisoo. "Jungkook. He-- he didn't know right? You promised me. You didn't tell him, right?"

"Please don't tell her I knew."

"No Chae. Of course not. Why would you think of that?"

It's not him! But she's confused. She don't want him to know but she's upset that the flowers didn't came from him.

"Nothing. Just-- want to make sure."

Meanwhile Jungkook is just outside the room and overheard the conversation. She's not ready yet. He'll reveal himself whenever she's ready. But there's no way he will let her think that he doesn't care. He wanted her to know that he cares and loves her so much.

Jisoo's phone suddenly rang and she widen her eyes when she saw who the caller is.

Jungkook.

Whatever he's planning to do, she will let him. She already gave him the power to descide on this matter.

She answered the phone while looking at Chaeyoung who's watching wathever's outside the window.

"Jungkook." she softly called while waiting for Chaeyoung's reaction. Chaeyoung slowly turn her head and look at her.

"Noona. I wanted her to know that I'm still waiting atleast but I won't tell her that I'm here. Can I talk to her?"

Jisoo takes little steps towards Chaeyoung. She carefully put the phone in Chaeyoung's hand and encourage her to answer the phone. She then slowly put them into her ears and just wait for him to talk on the other line.

"You're not answering my calls." he started with a light conversation. He don't want her to get any idea that he already knows her condition. "I missed you."

Chaeyoung just let out a loud sob when she finally hears his voice. "Chaeyoung, can you say something? I want to hear your voice."

But instead of talking she just cried harder that makes him chuckle. "See? You missed me too. So why are you not answering my calls?"

His voice. She missed his voice so much. She missed him so much. His smiles. His laugh. His insults. Yes, he missed that too. They were never together but she missed that. That time with him. Just enjoying the moment. It may have more heartaches than the good things but she still missed that. Just being with him, she missed that.

"D-do you know where I am?" She asked Jungkook while she was looking at her cousin. Jisoo pressed her lips into a thin line. She felt nervous for lying to her. But it's for the better. She don't want to get in between the two. She has nothing to do with them now. Whatever their descision will be, she will let them. All she did was make their paths crossed again and it's up to them if they wanted to stay together.

"You're in Australia--- right?" Jungkook answered softly  and carefully.

Chaeyoung widen her eyes at his answer. He knows where she is! Her heart started to beat faster. She don't want him to see her in this condition. She might lose all the confidence left in herself. "D-d-do you know where exactly I am?" Her hands is shaking in nervousness.

Jungkook made a pause. He wanted to say yes. He wanted to tell her that he's here for her. That he came for her. That he still loves her and will always be whatever the situation they will be in. But it's not yet the time.

"Chae, do really think if I know where you are I wouldn't be right beside you right now?" his voice almost cracked. His biting his lips to prevent himself making sound. He can't barely make it. He started to sob.

"Jungkook..."

"It's okay. Don't worry about me." he paused again just to breath. "But if you'll tell me, I'll be there in a flash."

"Please don---"

"Don't tell me what to do Chaeyoung! I always told you to stop before but did you listen to me? No! And now I will not listen to you too. Just let me wait for you. That's the least I can do."

"Jungkook..." she softly called but then he cut her and started singing.

"It’s a beautiful life
I’ll stay by your side...

She felt her heart skip a beat. His voice is so soothing. How can you stop an angel singing? She didn't know that he sounded this good.

It's a beautiful life
I’ll stand right behind you

He's making her fall in love with him evenmore. So much deeper as if her love for him is not already that deep.

beautiful love
If I am with you under this sky
Just breathing alone makes me happy

Hot tears just flowing down her face and she just let it. She's listening to his song while letting herself cried harder. He's making her missed him more.

It's a beautiful life
b

eautiful day
I live in your memories
beautiful life
beautiful day
Stay by my side
beautiful my love
beautiful your heart
It's a beautiful life
It's a beautiful life"

"Chaeyoung, I'm looking forward to a day when we're not running from each other anymore. I'll make sure we will meet in the middle. You have been following me all this time and all I do is run away from you. But when I faced you, you are already trying to go the other way. I'll try to reach you Chae. Please, let's just run towards each other. Don't run away from me, please. I will come to you. Just let me."

She's slowly taking in what he had said. She's not unlucky afterall. She always believed that everything happens for a reason. She may have this illness but Jungkook happened too. It's no misfortune. The hope she lost before is already back. She's being positive again. She may have already accepted her fate before but she's taking it all back now. She believes in herself that she will be healed. She have too. Jungkook needs her. Her family needs her.

"The flowers, did you send them?" She knew it was him but she still asked.

Jungkook panicked a little for the sudden question. "I'll call you some other time again, Chaeyoung." he bid goodbye and ended the call without waiting for her to respond.

Jungkook sighed as the call ended. That was so nerve wrecking. They used to talk before but it's different now he guess? He looked at his phone with Chaeyoung as his wallpaper and smiled before putting it in his jacket's pocket.

--

Just tell me if the story is getting confusing 🙂😂

We're almost there peeps 🥺🥺🥺

btw the lyrics is from the song beautiful by crush 😊