Chapter 30

Staring at nowhere, Chaeyoung sit by the open window of her hospital room. The weather is a little gloomy like it can sense what she's feeling inside.

It was no hidden that there is still fear inside her. Tho she's been in to the hospital so long to prepare for this operation, she is still scared that everything will finally end, and it may include herself, for good.

What will happen to them? To those she will left behind if ever? She will left them with pain. She will left them with longing.

Why it has to be her?

Tears started to stream down her face but it looks like she didn't notice it for she was too preoccupied and just let them flow like a river.

Jisoo softly landed a palm on her shoulder. "Are you ready?"

Chaeyoung bit her lip as she tried to control her muffled cries. Instead of answering, she pulled her cousin into a hug.

Jisoo softly brushed her back with her hand the other is patting her head. "Just endure a little more sweetheart. This will end eventually."

"You think..." she started. "Should I tell him unnie?"

Would he want to know? What will be his reaction? Will he be mad for keeping him her true reason for leaving? Will he stay by her side if he knew? Or will he finally leave if he learned that she can not stay for long?

"I... I don't how to tell him unnie." Just thinking about it already breaks her. She will just hurt him even more. "How... how can I tell him?"

Jisoo carefuly break from their hug and sit beside her. She faced her body to her direction. She reached for her trembling hands who mirrors hers. She looked at Chaeyoung's crying state that made her tear up too.

"I need to tell you something."

Jisoo's not sure if the younger will be mad but she will accept that. She did what she needed to do. It's what she thinks is the best for the two.

Chaeyoung looked at her waiting for what she's about to say. "What is it unnie?"

"I hope you can forgive me for this but I'll completely understand if you won't."

The younger tilt her head while looking at her in confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

"He knows Chaeyoung." she squeezed her hand before continiuing. "Jungkook knows about your condition. I told him Chae. I'm sorry."

Chaeyoung eyes widen. He knew. What she's gonna do with that information?

"Listen to me Chae. You deserve to know. That even he learned about your condition, he is still waiting for you. I know he told me it's fine even if you didn't know that he is willing to wait for you no matter what. But I know, deep in his heart. He wanted you to know."

Chaeyoung remained silent and Jisoo pulled her into a hug again. She can't find the words to say.

"All the flowers you're receiving every single day, it came from him."

Jungkook...

"When he called you that day, for the first time, he was here." Jisoo patting Chaeyoung's back to comfort her. "He was always behind you finding the right timing. Waiting for you to be ready to tell him."

"Unnie..." Chaeyoung manage to call her in between her sobs. "W-what if I didn't make it?" it was whisper meant not be heard but Jisoo still heard it nonetheless.

"PARK CHAEYOUNG!" she shouted at her as she break from the hug hurriedly. "I told you not to talk about dying!"

Jisoo was shocked at her own reaction. Chaeyoung just stared at her wide eyes as she witnessed her crying. Her strong cousin slash sister slash bestfriend who she always known to be strong is breaking down in front of her.