Chapter 18

Chaeyoung woke up with a heavy feeling in her head. She groan in pain as she pull some of her hair. She didn't know herself that she has zero tolerance in alcohol. She will never drink alcohol again. Ever.

She got up from her bed and search her medicine kit in her bedside table before going out of her room.

She pour some water into the glass and reach for her medicine kit. She looks at it for some seconds before returning it into her pocket.

She opened the kitchen cabinet to look for the first aid kit. She was relieved when she found it immediately. She open it to get some for her headache.

"This will just do." she muttured to herself before returning back the first aid kit.

"Hey young lady." she jumped in surprise when her mom suddenly came into the kitchen.

She walks towards Chaeyoung and pulled her to sit in the chair. She then put a bowl of soup in front of her and a little bottle for her to drink. "Eat this up to cure your hangover."

Chaeyoung bit her lip and lowered her head in embarassment and disappointment in herself. "I'm sorry mom." are the only words she can utter.

Mrs. Park smile sweetly at her. "It's fine sweety. Thank God you went home safe and sound at least."

Then it hit her. How did she get home? The last thing she remembers is her, sitting in one of the bar stools thinking about Jungkook and Lisa getting back together.

When she can finally feel that there is a slight chance for Jungkook liking her, they have to get back together. Did they enjoy their date? Ugh.

She don't have any rights to ask or whined about it even when she's dying to know.

They are not together.

So why would he explain those things to her? When he clearly stated since the begginning that he will never like someone like her.

She move her head slightly sideways thinking. She think she had saw Jungkook at the party. Did she?

"If I accept you now, will you promise to stay?"

She pulled some or her hair when her head suddenly hurt thinking it would ease the pain.

Mrs. Park panicked seeing her action. "Oh my God! Chaeyoung, are you okay?" Her mom who is on the other side of the table ran into her and hold her face. She looks very worried.

"I'm okay mom. It's just the hangover."

Mrs. Park is not relieved on her answer and she hugged Chaeyoung so tight instead. "I told you to take care of yourself. You promised."

"I'm sorry mom. I didn't know I can't last alcohol." she apologized again. "But Mom, who brought me home last night?"

She was so curious. Is it Jungkook? Is what some memory on her mind really happenned or it's just a dream?

"He said he's Taehyung."

She's not sure if she's happy or disppointed of her mother's answer. Happy that nothing really happenned. That she didn't break down in front of him. Disppointed that Jungkook didn't really came to see her even if she asked her too. Even if he knows she's alone and have no one to talk to.

Of course, he's with Lisa. Why would he? She's nothing but an annoying schoolmate to him.

"Believe me I want to. But I don't think I can."

But what why did it feel so real?

--

Jungkook is seated in his bed, his back on the headboard. He didn't have even a blink of sleep. What happened last night still didn't sink in to him.

He just let the loud ringing of his alarm clock. He was wide awake but his mind seems to travel somewhere.

When he entered Chaeyoung's home last night, he made sure to cover his face. It's impossible tho with Taehyung's help, he made it. He don't want Chaeyoung to know that he's the one who brought her home. Her Mom might knew his face so he decided to wear a cap to cover a little.

"Please don't tell her mom I'm Jungkook. Tell her I'm just some help." was his request for Taehyung last night. He arched a brow at him but still do the favor.

"Do you think her mother will beat you for treating her daughter like trash?" Taehyung joked but he just look outside the window.

"Please. Just do it."

"You owe me one Jeon. I don't know what happen to you two but I hope you both can figure this out. You are one lucky man. It's not everyday you will get to meet someone like her." Taehyung said sincerely at him looking at Chaeyoung. "I don't know what's into you that she likes but I can't complain. I hope you make up your mind and don't lose your chance. She's too busy following you she can't see those people who are willing to be with her. And you're too full of yourself if you're thinking that she wouldn't look away. So don't lose your chance. Because if she do, I'm one of those people who are ready to catch her."

He didn't respond. He stay quiet looking at the window. His jaw clenched as he fight for the tears that are attempting to fall.

He smiled bitterly at himself.

He already take his chance. He's willing to accept her. And court her. And lover her. But why? Why?

"I don't think I can."

She can't stay.

What did she mean by that? What is her intention in courting him? Why did she make him fall for her when she can't stay in the first place? Why did she looks certain that she can't stay? She can lie to him at least but she told him she can't fvcking stay.

He slide down to lay on his bed. He put his arms on his head to cover his face. He let himself cry again.

Why when he's already to love again, this have to happen.

What will happen to him now? Good thing he didn't accept her before. He's right all along. That she looks like someone who can't stay. She looks like someone who will make you fall for her but leave you when you already do. That aura he sees in her is right all along. Good thing he's not fooled. That was so close.