Chapter 16

"Hey Jungkook, where are you?" Chaeyoung asked through a phone call. She is now in front of Taehyung's house where his birthday party will be held.

It's like an open party. There are a lot of people. Taehyung must have a lot of friends.

"I told you, I'm not coming."

Chaeyoung cover her left ear to hear Jungkook on the other line as she enters the house with booming music.

"Oh, please. Just come here quick. I don't have any friends in here. I can't find Taehyung in this crowded place."

"You don't know anyone in that party but you still came. Good for you."

"But Tae invited me and it's rude to say no."

She heard him scoff.

"Then enjoy. I'll hang up now. I'm on my way to meet Lisa."

Chaeyoung sulk in her seat in one of the bar counter's stool as the phone call ends. She asked the bartender to gave her a glass of margarita.

The bartender gave her a smile as he put the drink in front of her. "Enjoy ma'am!"

She smiled back at him before staring at her drink as if it will be gone just by looking at it.

She don't drink. Not even once. If she drink this one, it will be her first time taking in alcohol. Just one glass. It's just a ladies drink. Maybe she will not get drunk.

She drank the margarita in one go that make her face scrunched as she almost spit out the drink. It burns in her throat and she could feel it travel through her stomach. She put her elbow on the bar counter and support her head for she was slowly becoming dizzy.

But I just got one glass!

She then put both her hands on her chin supporting her face while looking at nowhere.

They are surely laughing at each others antics right now.

--

Taehyung immediately saw Chaeyoung as he goes down the stairs after changing clothes. His lips automatically curve into a smile. No doubt he has a crush on this girl. His heart is always beating fast whenever he sees her. And the background seems to blurry and she's the only one he could see. She has that effect on him. He can't say that's it's already love but he already likes her.

He wanted to know what she was thinking or why she is following Jungkook. What benefit will she get from that? What did she saw at Jungkook that he doesn't have? He's way more handsome, kind, smart and talented than him.

He remembers the first time Chaeyoung discover his existence. It was when she asked about Jungkook and Jieun's relationship. If he's not mistaken, he overheard Jieun, their senior talking about about this stuff in one of her friends.

He already knows Chaeyoung before that.

He saw her in one of the University seminars and always saw her in their department he thought they are taking the same course. He remembers waiting for her in his every class hoping they'll be classmates but she never comes.

He snatched a glass of wine in one of the waiters roaming around. He get two glasses. One for him and one for Chaeyoung. But before he can go into her, his friends already drag him somewhere.

--

Jungkook fidgets his fingers, heart pounding so fast while waiting for the bouquet of flowers he just ordered.

"Red roses are romantic but I prefer pink ones. Because I love pink so much."

Jungkook smiled at that in mind.