I'm in Your Care

Two weeks passed by and guess what?

I'M FINALLY DISCHARGED FROM THE HOSPITAL.

Even though the doctor told us that I would take a little longer than expected, the superhuman DNA in me made the healing process easier. But, out of all the happiness of getting out of the hospital, the doctor gave me one condition.

Someone had to keep an eye on me while I recover.

I'm honestly not happy about it, but I like my privacy.

So bibbity boppity boo, I ended up in Steven's living room. How?

(An hour ago...)

Libra is in the hospital room, listening to the doctor's order about my recovery. When he left, that's when Libra started to make a ruckus...again.

"So, who's willing to take care of (Y/n)?" Klaus asked.

"Uh, I''m okay by my-"

Klaus gave me a glare and I shut up immediately.

"I'll take care of her," K.K replied.

"No, I will," Chain interrupted. Then, the two started to argue about who will help me until they both realized something. They were too busy.

"Oh shoot, I have my hands full with the kids since my husband's out of town right now," K.K timidly said, "I'm sorry, (Y/n)."

"My apartment is also a mess and I'm usually busy with other missions," Chain added.

"It's okay, you two," I answered.

They both looked at me with such depressed face that I couldn't help but silently laugh at.

After that, I observed who would help me. Leo couldn't do it since he looked like he's in some conflict, Zapp is already out of the question, Klaus is okay but I would be so awkward around him along with Gilbert, I still don't know a lot about Zedd, so I only had one choice left.

Steven was the last choice. I still haven't figured out why he changed my clothes into his hoodie when I stayed over but whatever, I can't dwell too much on that or else I will have weird thoughts.

I guess Libra read my mind because they all looked at Steven, and Steven understood. So, after all the paperwork was finished, I got to go home first to pack my stuff to stay at Steven's for at least 3 weeks. While I was packing, I started to blush a lot because a lot of thoughts rushed into my mind, and I couldn't take it anymore.

When I came out of the house, Steven quickly paced in my direction to take my luggage and hold my hand. He must've been really worried about me, huh? I smiled to myself, thinking about his small gestures. As we walked to his car, I saw him have a small smile, and it made me blush. All this blushing is going to make me look like I have a fever.

We sat in the car, Steven getting ready to drive. He starts to turn the radio on to break any silence. Then, out of nowhere, when we stopped at an intersection...

"Hey (Y/n)?"

"Yes, Steven?"

"Are you sure you're okay with me taking care of you?"

"Yes, I'm sure. You're one of the people I trust enough."

"Are you positive I won't do anything?"

He cleared his throat and started to drive, leaving me in awe.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that," Steven apologized.

"It's okay, I know you won't hurt me since I've already been hurt by another," I replied with a smile. But, I think I made the mood worse since his face got grim.

I tried to lighten the mood by saying a lot of sarcastic remarks, but then, I shut up for the rest of the trip.

When we arrived at his house, I sat on his couch while he wore an apron. He headed for the kitchen and started to cook, but the silence still stayed, until he tried to make small talk.

"(Y/n), let me ask you something."

"Sure."

"Did you used to like anyone before Libra?"

"No, I never had the chance to meet people as a child beside Haru and his family."

"Ah, I see. So do you like anyone right now?"

Commence the stuttering in 3, 2, 1...

"U-uh, I-i d-do, b-but..."

"Haha, say no more!"

We both laughed, which released the tension. He then finished cooking, set the food on the table, took off his apron, and walked towards the couch. He carried me up and placed me in a seat that was across from Steven's seat.

"You didn't have to be so extra," I said.

"Think of it as hospitality," he replied.

"Haha, I will."

I started to eat the food, which was filet mignon with mashed potatoes. All I can say is that HE COOKS SO WELL. It makes me think about my own skills, and even I am not that great at cooking. Hell, I can be so bad at times.

"So, how's my food?" Steven asked me.

"It's actually really good!" I replied very honestly.

He chuckled, and for a second, I thought his laugh was so cute.

"I'll make more food for you if you want, cupcake," he said and winked at me.

"You don't need to be so flirty!"

"But I want to."

"Wha?"

We kept talking and talking and finally, after washing dishes and lounging on the couch together while watching a movie, it was time to sleep.

"I'll sleep on the sofa Steven," I said.

"No, I'll sleep on it," he argued, "A recovering patient has to sleep on a bed."

"I'll sleep on the couch, and it's ok."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"No" and "Yes" went back and forth for at least a minute.

"Ugh, if we're going to argue like this all night, then I have no choice," I tiredly surrendered.

Steven had a smirk on his face as I walked to his room. But, as the lights went out, I couldn't sleep for some reason. Maybe it was from the events for the past few weeks.

I don't know. I closed my eyes, but I was half awake. Right when I was about to drift off to dreamland, I felt a small warmth on my forehead and then, it was gone.