Chapter 38: A Walk In The Park

(A/N: Me and my friends were talking about our strategy for Fallout 76. I totally have a social life.)

(Ironwood's P.O.V)

My team has hiked halfway up the giant machine and are almost to the top. The whole thing looks worn down. I don't know how well it will function but as long as it can fight the White Fang then there are no issues.

"Sir, we have a problem." One of my troops said as he approached. "What is it?" I asked.

"Two people have beat us to the head. I don't know what they plan to do with the robot but they have removed the pilot." My soldier responded. I growled lowly. "Tell those troops to climb faster! We need this and we can't afford to lose it!" I shouted. The solder nodded and ran to the base of the machine.

"I swear if we lose this AGAIN I will take bombs to it and take it by force." I mumbled. This operation has so much money invested in it and I won't waste it.

(Nora's P.O.V)

"Ren we need to get (Y/N) and Gypsy out of here. I spotted Irondick and his soldiers at the base of the mountain. We need to hurry." I said panicked as I tried to start up the fallen Jaeger.

"Warning: Debris blockage in turbine." The computer warned. "Shit." I quickly exited the conn-pod and ran down to the turbine. There was a tree between two of the blades.

"Hey you! Stay right there!" I heard a soldier yell. "Make me!" I replied as I tried to remove the tree. The tree wouldn't budge. The soldiers started climbing faster to try and get me. I tried all I could until finally I just lifted it up and tossed it towards the soldiers.

The tree barely missed them as the turbine started turning. A large flame shot out from the center and the turbine rotated faster until the flame was caught and was at full burn. I quickly climbed into the conn-pod.

(Y/N) was laying against a wall as Ren was keeping him company. "Turbine is moving and everything seems to be powering on." I panted as I sealed the door. "Good. Lets move." Ren said as he opened up a panel in the wall. Inside were two spare suits. Me and Ren suited up and strapped in.

(Ironwood's P.O.V)

One of my soldiers claimed to have spotted someone near the turbine of the Jaeger. I didn't see anything until the turbine started moving.

"What the hell is going on?!" I shouted. 

"Someone started the Jaeger!" A soldier replied.

I started walking to the foot of the Jager until it started rising from its resting place. My soldiers started climbing down and running away.

"You cowards! Get your asses back up there and get that stupid kid!" I shouted as my soldiers continued to run away. "Fine! I have to do everything my self!" I grabbed some climbing gear, got locked in, and tossed a rope with a magnet attacked to the end up.

"I got you now!" I started climbing up as the Jaeger stood up completely and started moving. I held on tight and continued climbing. "I worked too hard and too long for this!" I was about to reach the top when the Jaeger stopped.

The head turned towards me and stared at me. I pulled out my pistol and pointed at the glass.

"This is your last chance! Exit the Jaeger and surrender it to me!" I shouted. One of the giant hands reached for me and pulled me off. I started shooting but the bullets bounced off the glass.

I emptied the clip and tossed the gun. "This isn't over! I will take this to the highest person I can and get that machine!" I yelled as I was set down on and watched the Jaeger walk away.

One of my troops walked up to me.

"Sir. We have a tracker on the Jaeger." He said. I started laughing crazily.

"YES! This is good! Our mission wasn't a failure! Get everyone and everything on the bullheads and follow that machine NOW!" I instructed as everyone started running around and packing up.

I have you now and this time its going to work.

(Ruby's P.O.V)

We entered an empty town and looked around. In the distance me, Jaune, and uncle Qrow could hear large stomps in the distance. Something big was on its way.

"Ruby we gotta set Qrow down somewhere." Jaune said. We walked to an abandoned house and laid him down inside. "Your going to be ok uncle Qrow." I reassured him. He groaned and rolled over on his side.

I sighed and started patrolling the area. There wasn't much around just old buildings and destroyed walkways. Screeching and roaring could be heard in the distance along with the large thumps.

This could either be the bets day or the worst day.

(Yang's P.O.V)

Ironwood has lost it. He made a statement on the news, again, and he seemed completely out of it.

"We have a tracking device on the robot and are currently following it." He said to the people interviewing him. I could not listen to this stupid shit.

Me and my dad had been training almost everyday and sure it was good but coming inside just to see general Irondick talking shit is annoying.

"Today's Vale update: So far Hunters and Huntresses have established a safe zone that is growing almost daily. Survivors that are stuck inside the city have been showing up to the camp and being evacuated. Grimm have been apparently multiplying and ruining the city more. 

The dragon is still frozen but shows signs of possibly being alive. Hunters and Huntresses have surrounded the beast and scientists have been conducting experiments."

The news is still covering the pointless coverage of Vale's condition. Nothing much has changed other than more Grimm and less survivors coming in everyday. Nothing is changing.

My depression is fighting me. Sometimes its controlled and other days I wake up and feel horrible and disappointed with myself.

(Y/N) hasn't visited again and I wonder if he will ever come back.

Life is just a walk in the park.