Chapter 50: To Atlas

(A/N: Ok. I'm sorry for the super odd schedule but I'm working towards establishing an official schedule for updates on everything. So much has happened and I'm trying to keep things going. Thank you all for your continued patience and support!)

The fall of Beacon and the battle of Mistral has shaken up all of Remnant. Students from Mistral Academy has been pulled out temporarily, riots broke out, the news stated the schools are no longer safe. Students across Remnant in the remaining academies were worried their school was next. Ironwood had a recovery team in Mistral attempting to keep everyone calm as he retreated back to Atlas. Reports of Gipsy Danger's involvement broke out as well. The Jaeger has been questioned plenty in the news and protests have gone against the machine.

The Jaeger has seen better days. It had sustained much damage since its arrival. The reactor is slowing down slightly and repairs are needed. Gipsy Danger was staying in a near by hangar preparing for transport.

The gang was sitting at a train station preparing to leave for Atlas. Team RWBY, Oscar, Qrow, Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Y/N were saying their good byes to Sun, Neptune, and Blake's friend Ilia. Neo and Lily were buying things from a small gift shop.

Their plan: ride the train to Atlas and get the relic. They already had the Mistral Lamp and were aiming to obtain the rest.

They knew the journey wouldn't be easy but the risks justify the results. The train soon arrived and they all boarded. The winter wonderland around them was a beautiful landscape.
The team could finally rest and relax. The days before had been straining them mentally and physically.

"It feels good to just kick back and relax." Ruby sighed as she slid deeper into her chair. Everyone else agreed. You were passed out in a near by chair. The neural load was too much for your brain to handle. It put strain on the rest of your body.
Everyone else was worried about your health. They knew the Jaeger had dangerous effects but you used it solo for almost a month. Staying awake was very difficult for you. You didn't sleep most nights for fear of slipping away.

You felt weak and very tired. This nap was one you needed dearly.

"Is he ok?" Jaune asked pointing to your sleeping form.

"Yea. He just has a lot of strain from drifting solo." Ruby replied. Everyone looked in your direction. Your breathing was irregular and your heart beat was slower but your were alive.

The train ride was going very smoothly. No issues occurred until half way through the ride. It had been reported that Grimm were in the area.

Sure enough two Grimm landed on the train. The train initiated lock down and passengers were evacuated into carts away from the Grimm.

While the relaxation was needed the job was never done.

(A/N: A shorter chapter but more to come. A LOT had happened and I'm so sorry for not updating for like a year or so. I've had a lot going on and I'm working on a schedule that works. Thank you for your support and patience!)