Chapter 40: Mistral

(A/N: Hey! Sorry for the delay, again, things for me have been a bit crazy. There was some personal stuff that made me feel like shit, went on a small vacation, and been working on some YouTube stuff with friends. I haven't been feeling the best recently. Some things kinda got me down but I'm working through it. Anyways enjoy!)

(Weiss's P.O.V)

I was reading up on the state of Vale and Beacon when my sister rested her head on my shoulder. We have been flying for a while now and there wasn't much to do. Winter was tired and I was too but I wanted to stay awake just in case.

"Hey Weiss." Winter was looking at me as I rested my phone down.

"Yes Winter." I replied. She looked down and then back up to me.

"I'm sorry for everything. I know I haven't been there for you and when I was I was just an ass. I wanted to be the best sister I could to you. I'm sorry." Winter had tears streaming down her face as she cried into my shoulder.

We sat together in silence as she let out everything. I hugged her tightly and kept her close. 

"I forgive you Winter. I always have." I whispered to her.

(Ruby's P.O.V)

Today me and the gang were meeting up with the headmaster of Haven academy. Qrow has told us stories of Leonardo Lionheart and how he would be a good asset to us. We learned about Salem and her group and how they were associated with Cinder.

"Trust me this will be a smart decision in our next move against Salem." Qrow said as we entered the grounds of the academy. We walked around a little and saw it was completely empty.

"Hello! Anyone here?" I called out. My voice echoed through the empty courtyard. We continued onward. Mistral was beautiful so far and this school was no exception. It was gorgeous.

We walked through the halls and to the headmaster's office. Something seemed suspicious to uncle Qrow so he told us to be prepared. We deployed our weapons and were ready to attack.

Uncle Qrow slowly pushed open the door until someone pulled it open. A bearded man jumped in surprise as did we. We all stood there in silence for a minute before uncle Qrow spoke up.

"What the hell is going on here Leo?" Qrow asked. The man sighed with relief and cleared his throat. "We are currently on a temporary holiday. After the fall of Beacon things have been on...tight security. We don't want what happened at Beacon to happen here." The man named Leo responded.

"Well your in deep shit! You need to get some security here ASAP. Beacon was only the beginning and now your next." Uncle Qrow said. Leo looked down and seemed deep in thought. 

"W-well our Hunters and Huntresses are currently in Vale dealing with the Grimm. My students probably wouldn't be able to handle that level of a threat." He continued to ramble on and on.

Uncle Qrow just sighed and we continued to try and get some backup for our army but it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

(Yang's P.O.V)

I was packing for my new journey. I had almost everything ready and was about to close up my bag and leave when my dad busted into the room.

"Yang! I have some good......news....what do you think your doing?" I turned around and he seemed like he was getting pissed. I was getting pissed just seeing his face right now.

"What does it look like. I'm running away and I'm going to find my mother and my sister. Your not going to stop me." I replied. He closed the door and slowly started approaching me. "That is not gonna happen. Your still recovering, your staying here." He growled.

"I'm leaving." I replied. I closed up my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I started walking out until he grabbed my bag and pulled me back. "Let me go." I said.

He tried to take my bag away from me so I used my strength and pulled it completely out of his hands and started running. He was chasing after me as I broke down the front door and ran for the shed.

"Yang your not leaving!" Dad yelled at me. I broke open the doors and quickly started up Bumblebee. My dad rounded the corner but was knocked back by me speeding out on my bike. I went full throttle down the road and towards the dock.

For the past few weeks since my depression got worse Tai has been using me. Trying to get things for free by using me as a bargaining chip, took me around town and almost sold me off to some jackass, and he tried to use me for his own personal pleasure. Not on my watch.

I made it to the docks and quickly boarded a ship to who knows where. I sighed as the ship started sailing away. "Welcome aboard passengers! We have begun our journey to Mistral! I hope you enjoy our relaxing cruise!" A woman over the intercom said. 

I looked off at the dock and saw my pissed "dad" looking for me. I stood against the railing and yelled as loud as I could.

"See ya later asshole!" I waved as he tried to get the cruise to turn around. I sighed with relief.

Finally I'm free.

(Blake's P.O.V)

We were enjoying a relaxing dinner as the sun started setting. Me and Yang have started texting each other again and today she told me she ran away.

Sunny Dragon: My dad hasn't been the best to me so I ran away. He tried using me for so much shit that I decided I was done.

Ninja of Love: I'm sorry to hear that! Me, Sun, and Neo made it to Menagerie. I wish I could be with you to comfort you.

Sunny Dragon: Me too..

I sighed as we ended the conversation early. We finished our dinner and started making sleeping arrangements. Sun was sleeping in the living room, Neo and Penny were sleeping in my room. I was wide awake staring at the ceiling.

"Blake." Penny sat up as her eyes glowed slightly. "You ok?" She asked. I sat up and looked at her. "Yea just thinking about Yang. Her father was using her and she decided to run away." I replied with a sigh.

Penny revealed her real face and moved to sit on my bed.

"Sounds like hell." She said with a slight smile.

"Yea. Honestly I want to be there with her to help. (Y/N) and I disappeared shortly after the fall, Yang got depressed and lost her arm, Weiss was taken away by her father, and Ruby left to start an army. What have you been doing?" 

"I was taken back to Atlas, got remodeled, and put back out into the world. I followed Neo and ended up finding you. Im happy to be back in action but I didn't want to hide. Ruby seemed so....broken without me." She looked down to the floor and sighed.

"General Irondick wanted me to stay dead. Instead my creator stepped in and fixed me. I was supposed to be a spy but now I think I should stay with you." Penny looked back up at me and smiled. We sat in silence for a bit until she went back down to the floor.

"Night Blake." She snuggled up into her sleeping bag and concealed her real face.

"Goodnight Penny." I pulled my covers up and started texting Yang again.