Mothers Day Special!

(A/N: Its been a minute since I've updated....anything here. The good news is I'm almost done moving and I have wifi! Bad news is shit hit the fan these last few days so been dealing with that. Happy (late) Mothers Day! More updates to this story and more on the way!)

This is a story of a young Ruby Rose and her mother Summer Rose. Years before Ruby became a huntress and stood before a giant robot she lived a simple life. On the small island of Patch Ruby lived with her father, sister, and mother in a small house by the shore.

Every morning Ruby and Summer would walk along the beach. They enjoyed the sunrise and the calm world around them. To Summer everything was beautiful in its own way. Everything had a soul and purpose in life.

One morning Summer and Ruby were doing their usual routine. Little did they know this would be the last time they saw each other. The sky was clear, the sea was calm, the sun was rising just above the ocean, and Ruby and Summer had a perfect viewing spot.

"Ruby I have another long mission. I leave soon but wanted to remind you of natures beauty. everything around us has a heart and soul." 

"But mama how do the Grimm have hearts and souls if they are bad?" 

"Well sweetie some things have bad souls. Bad souls bring evil and we don't want evil. That's why Hunters and the police are around to protect us." Summer smiled.

The two went home and Summer left for her mission.

A month later there was a knock on the door. Qrow stumbled in with fresh wounds and scars all over his body. Yang and Ruby helped him on to the couch. He was mumbling and crying.

"Qrow why is Summer not with you? Where is Summer?!" Tai shouted. Qrow spit up some blood and breathed heavily.

"She isn't coming home Tai." Qrow managed to say before passing out. 

Yang was devastated. Ruby barely understood what was happening but soon figured it all out. 

(2 Months Later)

The funeral had just ended and Ruby sat in the sand. She built a small sand castle next to a white rose that was growing through the sand.

"Everything around us has a heart and soul." Ruby heard those words echo around her. She quickly spun around but saw nothing. She returned to working on her sand castle.

Standing behind the white rose was her mother watching her put the finishing touches on the castle before returning home.

Happy Mothers Day.