s e v e n

CHAPTER SEVEN: MORNINGS WITH RIVER

I sense the warmth of the sun's rays shining on my face and I let out a deep breath. I'm exhausted. I keep my eyes shut and pull the comforter up over my face. I notice the feeling of a weight on my waist but I ignore it. My head pounds and I moan.

I try to sit up but the weight blocks me. I look down and see an arm wrapped around me. My head snaps to my right and there lies River fucking Coleman. "Shit!" I mutter. But I can't look away, he looks...perfect. His biceps bulge with strong muscles, his jaw line sharp and prominent, his torso is completely defined, his abs sculpted.

River embodies the word perfection. I lay back down, gently. I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. Is it bad I just want to lay here and enjoy being this close to River? I breathe in deeply and take in the masculine aroma that River carries. My eyes snap open, why does his scent seem closer than he actually is?

I look down and my eyes go wider than I thought they could. I'm wearing his clothes. How did I get in them? What am I even wearing that's his? I study the shirt and realize it's a football jersey. I look over my shoulder and see 'Coleman' on the back.

I pull up the jersey a little and there on my body is a pair of gray Calvin Klein's. River's eyes flutter open and he gives me a small smile. "Ah look who's up." he says, his cheeky grin very prominent as he rubs his eyes. "Maybe I should say that to you."

"I'm just surprised you woke up after all the alcohol you had last night." River shrugs as he sits up. I groan and put my head in my hands. "I don't remember anything." I mumble into my hands. "I think that's for the best Peaches."

My stomach starts to feel queasy and I panic. "Uhm where's your bathroom?" I question. River points to the door on the left and I thank him but quickly get out of the bed. I open the door and shut it behind me. I run to the toilet and open the lid, as if I timed it perfectly, I throw up. There's a knock on the door and I roll my eyes. "You alright?" River asks and I can sense the concern in his voice.

"F-Fine." I say back as I start to gag again. River jiggles the door knob but I locked it, thank God I did. I clutch onto the toilet as I try to keep my body from falling onto the tile floor. The door bursts open and River glances at me with worry. I start to throw up again and wince as I empty out my gut. I can sense skin coming in contact with mine and my hair is picked up off my neck.

Tears start to slip out of my ducts and my shaking hand tries to wipe them off my face. "I'm so sorry." I whisper. I lean back against River's bare legs and he massages my shoulders. "You're alright Wisconsin. Don't be sorry for anything." Why is he being so nice to me? From what I remember, I was a jerk to him last night.

"How about this," River starts, turning to a cupboard and grabbing a towel, "I'll let you shower, give you some clothes, and I'll be downstairs making breakfast for us. Does that sound good?" I nod my head and he helps me up to my feet.

We walk into his closet and he gives me another pair of his Calvin Klein's. How many does he have? I look around his closet and he has a pretty good sense in fashion. But I mean he wears the same thing most of the time. Joggers, t-shirt, or a tank top. "What do you want, like sweatpants and a shirt, just a hoodie? You name it." River asks.

"Uhm, just a hoodie is fine." I shrug. He grabs a deep green hoodie with the number 83 on the back and 'Coleman' once again, is written across the back. "Did you play football?" I ask him and he scratches his neck.

"Uh, yeah. I was quarter back at my old school." he says and I realize how hard it must've been to go from all of that to moving here. A smaller town in Michigan. It's not all that fabulous like other states, but it's home, for me. "Did you move after everything happened?" I ask. River nods and hands me the sweatshirt. "I lived in Manhattan."