e i g h t

CHAPTER EIGHT: FELT MY WRATH

I get the key to unlock my front door and I open it as quietly as I can. I step inside and turn around to close the door. I try to go up the steps but I hear someone clear their throat. "Where. Have. You. Been." my father growls with his arms crossed against his chest.

"I went to the party and Tessa told me I could just crash at her place since it was getting late." I say. He looks at me and I keep a serious face, but I'm scared he knows I'm lying. "Yeah, and who's sweatshirt is that." he asks pointing to River's hoodie. "Tessa's brothers old sweatshirt." I say, clutching my own clothes to my chest.

"I don't know if you're lying or telling the truth, but I don't care right now. You're home now so that's all that matters." my father says waving his hand and walking away. I head upstairs to my room and shut the door. I put my clothes in the hamper and plop down on my bed. I hold my fluffy pillow in my lap and go on my phone.

My door bursts open and in flies the red head. "Where the fuck were you! I was so damn worried about your ass! You could've gotten hurt! You know, I went out driving to find you. I checked all the places you could've been for hours. HOURS WISCONSIN!" Drew screams at me.

"Drew, please calm down." I say and he looks at me as if I'm stupid. I notice his fists clutching into a ball and he says through clenched teeth, "Calm down?" I nod my head and bite my lip nervously. "How the HELL and I supposed to CALM DOWN when you could've gotten HURT or raped?"

"I'm back now Drew, I'm fine, perfectly fine!" I say reassuring my over protective brother. He runs a hand through his hair and shuts the door, stepping inside my room. "No, you're not fine!" he splutters, "How could you have been fine when someone in their right mind would've sent a fucking text to say where they were?"

"I'm sorry! It was late and I was tired." I say trying to get Drew to forgive me. He points a finger at me and I can just imagine what he's going to say about the sweatshirt. "No going out for two weeks." He turns to leave but I yell, "You can't do that! You aren't Dad!"

"Yes, but do you think Dad will do anything about this? He just lets you go like nothing is wrong! I have to be the one to set ground rules for you. You're my baby sister Wisconsin, I'd do anything to protect you." Drew expresses to me as he sits on the bed. He picks up my hand in his and looks up at me, "Dad and Adam won't be home that often anymore and I feel you need to have someone who portrays that father figure."

"Thank you." I say, looking up at him through my lashes. "I know I can always count on you to be there for me." He nods and stands back up again. "I'll forever be here for you." I smile at him and he let's go of my small hand that was clutched in between his two large ones.

Drew leans down and kisses my forehead, "I know you took my t-shirt." he whispers then walks away giving me a wink. The door swings open and mom walks in giving me a small smile. "I hope you felt my wrath." Drew says with a serious expression plastered on his face.

"Sir, yes sir!" I call, giving him a little salute. My mom lets out a small laugh and Drew marches away from my room. She shuts the door and turns toward me. "Wisconsin we need to have a talk." Here we go again. Another talk to get in trouble. Maybe I'll face another punishment.

"I know mom, I'm in trouble. Dad's mad at me, Drew's mad, and he said I can't go out for two weeks." I say, mentioning everything as I pull my hair back into a messy bun. "No honey, not that. I knew Drew would do something about your situation. This is about your dad."

"Are you guys getting a divorce?" I ask worriedly. She chuckles and shakes her head. "No honey, that's not it." I let out the nervous breath I didn't know I was holding. "He has to go away for a little while." I cock my head to the side with a puzzled look. "For—For what?"