s e v e n t e e n

two weeks later
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: HOMECOMING WEEKEND (part one)

I wake up to a painfully loud alarm. It's ring echos in my head and I let out a groan. Too early, that's what it is. I throw my blankets off my body and I stumble into my closet.

I throw on mom jeans, a white v-neck body suit, and layer it with a poofy, pink, silk bomber jacket. I quickly do my makeup and curl my hair. I change my studs out for hooped earrings and throw on vans.

I grab my backpack and run down the steps, dropping my bag at the front door. I head into the kitchen and see my mom cooking. "Hi sweetie, I made you breakfast." she says with a smile. I smile back at her and sit at the table, intrigued why she actually made me breakfast today.

"So I was wondering, when am I going to meet this boy you hang out with so often?" my mom questions, handing me a glass of orange juice.

"Tomorrow, he's taking me to homecoming." I state, starting to eat the provided breakfast that's actually really good. She nods and sits down next to me, slowly drinking her coffee.

After I finish my breakfast I quickly ran back up to my room to brush my teeth and grab my phone. I look to see if I have any messages on my phone and I see a couple but I only look at River's. Hey babe, I'm here, whenever you're ready.

I smile to myself and quickly finish up in the bathroom. I run down my steps and yell to my parents that I'm leaving. I head out my front door and walk over to River, who casually leans against his motorcycle.

"You ready?" he asks giving me a small smirk. I give him a nod and he takes my bag from me, replacing it with a helmet. I put it on carefully and River helps me get onto his motorcycle, due to the fact that I'm too short.

He gets on the bike in front of me, putting on his helmet as I flick down my face shield. He revs the engine and turns his head around to make sure I'm all set. I give him a reassuring nod and hold onto him tighter than I was before.

River pulls out of my driveway and zooms down the road. I squeeze River's waist and lean my head against his leather covered back. We round the corner and take off towards the school.

Eventually we pull into the lot and heads turn as the bike roars, filling the parking lot with life. River pulls his motorcycle into the spot and turns off the engine. He flings down the kickstand with his foot, then removes his helmet. I remove mine as well and try to fix my hair because I know it's a mess.

I wait for River to get off the bike so he can help me get off. His tall figure swings off his bike and he gives me a smug smile, then fixes my hair. He picks me up off the bike and sets me down on the ground, but he makes sure I won't fall over.

I give him a smile and I turn around to grab my bag. River wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to his body. We head towards the school and people stare at us when we pass by. I used to hate it, but now I don't really care since being River feels normal.

"You wanna eat with me and the guys today?" River questions as we walk down the hall towards first period. I glance up at him, "I have some stuff to do during lunch."

"Right, uh, no problem." River says awkwardly. "No, believe me I would eat with you and I like eating with you it's just important stuff for the game tonight and—"